Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How the heck can I get Spotify to stop trying to play music on my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hating this more than ever now that my wife has the car in OH and I am in IL. I am out on a run in IL listening to Spotify through my AirPods, my wife gets on the car in OH and my phone switches from my AirPods to my car. I have to take out the phone from my running case, switch it back to play "on this phone" and put it back away only to start the process all over again when my wife gets in the car again! I do have the family plan on Spotify but I don't want to have to manage two playlists. It is very frustrating.

I am hating this more than ever now that my wife has the car in OH and I am in IL. I am out on a run in IL listening to Spotify through my AirPods, my wife gets on the car in OH and my phone switches from my AirPods to my car. I have to take out the phone from my running case, switch it back to play "on this phone" and put it back away only to start the process all over again when my wife gets in the car again! I do have the family plan on Spotify but I don't want to have to manage two playlists. It is very frustrating.

It is not really Spotify related but the Bluetooth connection priority. I had this problem for 3+ years already. I listen to audio books when I wash my car. Whenever I open the door to clean the inside door frame, Bluetooth audio switched to the car's. I don't know why, but when both headphones and Tesla fight for Bluetooth connections, Tesla always win. And on my Android phone, I can't even switch it back to headphones. I could disconnect Tesla, and connect to headphones, but if the door of the Tesla is open, it will grab the BT connection right back in under 20 seconds.

you would have to make your playlists shared between the family accounts, i ended up creating an account for the car, and just shared my playlists

Tesla needs an "undo" or "return to previous audio stream?" option when jumping into the car whenever there's an audio source change. This would at least allow us to resume whatever audio stream we had going on previously instead of trying to hunt it down again.