Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to add FAST wireless charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as the title says - I know there are plenty of wireless pads for the TM3, but these are the slow type that will still drain the phone while having the screen on / gps ( Waze ). I have a fast wireless charger dock in my old car and it was works great.

I have seen people mention they can use a pass-thru powerback to power the wireless quick charger.
Have anyone done that, and if so what combo ( powerback + chargeing pad ) are you using?

Reactions: preilly44
I pre-ordered mine but I have no idea if it does or doesn't have the battery. It was one of the reasons I went with the Nomad. How can I tell if it has the battery? Once I get mine back from the SC I guess I can try unplugging it and seeing if it still charges?

That would work, I imagine. Also you can probably easily tell since the original one was quite bulky due to the battery, no?

Just an update:

I ordered the TapTes model I linked above and used a QC 2.0 / 3.0 Battery pack to power ($25 buxs) it instead of the car USB - which is connected to charge the powerpack, aka "Passthru" mode.

It showed Fast Wireless Charging on my S9!

Success. No need to route the 12v power over.