Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to find inventory in the Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been going to Tesla.com - looking for possible inventory cars - as I have limited availability toward the end of the month and my order may not be deliverable if time is not in my favor.

But, when I go to Tesla.com and look up inventory, there is nothing within a 200 mile radius (Fremont is only 60 miles away from me). I assume that there must be cars that have not been picked up. A lot of people are out of town and the cars keep coming.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or does Tesla not put their cars in inventory if not picked up? My SA will not search inventory for me.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. The tezz.la site also doesn't show any cars in inventory. But not just the Model 3, there's nothing showing up for new Model S and X. They've been having server issues the last several days. It could be related.

https://tezz.la/?condition=new&market=US&model=mx

I think tezz.la is down since Tesla changed their back end system. The creator of that site said he'd get back on it when he had time.

So the only option is to use Tesla's inventory search online.

Reactions: ZappCatt
There isn’t any inventory. It’s that simple. If someone doesn’t pick up their car they match it with the next existing reservation.

Can you imagine how many angry forum posts you’d be making if Tesla listed the exact car you’ve been waiting for as an inventory vehicle and someone else walked in and bought it? Dog help us all.

There isn’t any inventory. It’s that simple. If someone doesn’t pick up their car they match it with the next existing reservation.

Can you imagine how many angry forum posts you’d be making if Tesla listed the exact car you’ve been waiting for as an inventory vehicle and someone else walked in and bought it? Dog help us all.
LOL... Totally agree.
It would be like seeing someone in your area that ordered the exact same trim after you ordered get their order delivered before yours.... Oh wait, we are seeing that also :)

I bought a car off inventory in August and there was inventory everywhere. Now the site shows nothing in the northeast also. Probably it is because of the tax credit expiring in December. Could also be that recent publicity sparked a rush of orders. They only have a few cars in inventory so wouldn't take much to sell them all.

It could also be a website failure, but I do see S and X for sale.

There was the huge sales rush at the end of last quarter and there was a lot of inventory at that time. There's nothing now. Perhaps they are just shipping all available cars to other markets as they deferred the time it takes to ship back in September to push to make the numbers.

There was the huge sales rush at the end of last quarter and there was a lot of inventory at that time. There's nothing now. Perhaps they are just shipping all available cars to other markets as they deferred the time it takes to ship back in September to push to make the numbers.

There will (probably) be inventory in the last couple weeks of the month once they need to start matching the “leftovers” with whoever will take them. Maybe not though - demand this quarter seems to be much different than last when they were actively promoting incentives to get people into cars.

Q4 is always its own beast. Just because someone bought an inventory car in August doesn’t amount to a hill of beans in December. There aren’t any right now.

I have been going to Tesla.com - looking for possible inventory cars - as I have limited availability toward the end of the month and my order may not be deliverable if time is not in my favor.

But, when I go to Tesla.com and look up inventory, there is nothing within a 200 mile radius (Fremont is only 60 miles away from me). I assume that there must be cars that have not been picked up. A lot of people are out of town and the cars keep coming.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or does Tesla not put their cars in inventory if not picked up? My SA will not search inventory for me.

How certain are you that there are no Stealths available? I know you've contacted your local SA. Has he said specifically that they are all gone?

I ask this because there is a post here from someone who ordered the LR/AWD on 11/25, changed it to Stealth on 11/27, and has a delivery scheduled for 11/29 (I assume he got it). That kinda blows my mind: It took two days from order to delivery. But then ThisIsTesla™.

I ask this because there is a post here from someone who ordered the LR/AWD on 11/25, changed it to Stealth on 11/27, and has a delivery scheduled for 11/29 (I assume he got it). That kinda blows my mind: It took two days from order to delivery. But then ThisIsTesla™.
What I find even more strange is there are folks who thinks it's normal and fine if Tesla decides to deliver to people waiting a shorter time to those who ordered longer ago. Of course, most these are people who feel that way already got their Tesla's :rolleyes:

What I find even more strange is there are folks who thinks it's normal and fine if Tesla decides to deliver to people waiting a shorter time to those who ordered longer ago. Of course, most these are people who feel that way already got their Tesla's :rolleyes:

It's perplexing and unnerving. I suspect this whole Stealth thing came about as a quick way to bump up sales this quarter by offering lightning fast order fullfillment at the Stealth premium price. Most of those getting Stealths place original orders several weeks or months ago.

Not that I'm complaining. If the Stealth had been offered from the start, I would have ordered that trim in a flash. Getting the car I wanted more and getting it faster than my original LR/AWD was a nice bonus.

How certain are you that there are no Stealths available? I know you've contacted your local SA. Has he said specifically that they are all gone?
I’m not sure that all the stealths are gone. I spoke to my SA yesterday and he said that my account was designated to be assigned a stealth if it became available. He wouldn’t answer me when I asked precisely what that meant. He also wouldn’t answer me when it came to the status of my original order. He just kept saying, “I don’t know” or “the system will not give us any information on pending orders.”

No other SA I’ve spoken to will do anything to step on the toes of my assigned SA. They say that outright to me. I’ve even e-mailed a manager at the SF delivery center. No answer. Clearly my current SA owns me and I have no way to get around him. To use a phrase from Elon Musk, I’m in “SA hell.”

Whether my SA will try or has tried to get me a stealth is not clear. It’s totally not clear what he’s done in my account. Given no other SA will touch his client, I am not able to do much. If I placed another order - it would still be assigned to this SA.

All I can do is wait and hope that this SA hasn’t totally screwed up my account. He may have. My wife and I are doing our best to rearrange the latter part of December to free up at least a couple or more days. I really wish I could find someone who could tell me the status of my account. SA double-talk is really not helpful. Given I have a 10/11 order, I at least deserve to know the status.

The Bay is a Canadian retailing institution.

The OP from his location lives just north of San Francisco. From other posts of his I've read he's been concerned about getting a car by year end to get the last Federal tax credit. So it makes sense he's looking for any inventory in the Bay Area. Just that the thread was started in the wrong community area to get the attention he wants. He should have asked to have it moved.

The OP from his location lives just north of San Francisco. From other posts of his I've read he's been concerned about getting a car by year end to get the last Federal tax credit. So it makes sense he's looking for any inventory in the Bay Area. Just that the thread was started in the wrong community area to get the attention he wants. He should have asked to have it moved.
I realized that it's in the wrong place. But in Canada "The Bay" means something very different than in the US.