Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get people so street race you...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your orthopedic surgeon needs a hammer to do his job. Surgery needs precision, but it also needs speed. Faster surgery leads to better outcomes, ceteris paribus. People have a tendency to want the older, experienced surgeon, which is fine, but it's often the younger, quicker, surgeon who's getting more reps that has the better results. Just my observations.

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
How on earth do you consider this a stealth performance vehicle.

Because it is just a 4 door sedan but most have no idea it has an LS3 V8 in it. Have you seen one?

2016-Chevrolet-SS-Sedan-Heron-White-Exterior.jpeg

Reactions: TyH2009
Ok, I think I get it now. You are saying you don’t even even have to try. :) I’m driving a 3P so I know what you mean.

The Tesla instant torque power delivery is outstanding. Effortless acceleration so smooth and quiet. In a lot of ways it will make it very difficult to ever go back to an ICE based car. However, if you are a sports car enthusiast there are some senses that an EV can’t seem to tickle just yet. A great sounding exhaust note as you wind through the gears, feeling the vibration of the engine, top down wind blowing about the cabin. You can defeat traction control and stability control so you can have a little fun in a controlled environment.

It is not just about going fast, certain sports cars have a special charm about them. Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Miatas, Porsche, etc. I hope that as these vehicles become electrified in the future that they still retain some character.

I think a accelerating in a new Tesla Roadster would trump all those charms, buts that’s my opinion

Reactions: SDRick
Corvette C8 should be a good affordable replacement of Ferrari 458/488. Buy a C8 so our super car dream can be partially fulfilled.

The C8 is going to be a huge hit. Mid engine exotic design and appearance, 0-60 in under 3 seconds with a starting price under $60k. I love my Tesla but I also love Corvettes. God Bless America.

F89AC8AB-5522-4215-B1D7-802FE447EF9A.png

The C8 is going to be a huge hit. Mid engine exotic design and appearance, 0-60 in under 3 seconds with a starting price under $60k. I love my Tesla but I also love Corvettes. God Bless America.

View attachment 432317

I've heard conflicting reports though about the 60 in under 3 seconds. Some have said that you're going to ante up extra money for an upgraded power plant but another report said the base engine would do 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds. It's supposed to be a little bit heavier than the current C7 generation which is not surprising given the issues with mid engine chassis. I suspect it's going to be phenomenally fun-to-drive. Even with the upgraded and presumably superchargedV8 it's going to be a lot cheaper than the Tesla Roadster. Just not as quick.

If they can show high levels of both refinement and reasonable reliability I'm sure they'll sell every one of these they can make.

Last edited:
It looks like though if you want to get to 60 in under 3 seconds you're going to ante up extra money for an upgraded power plant.

Nope

Road and Track said:
the C8 Stingray will do 0-60 in less than three seconds when equipped with the Z51 Performance Package

But the Z51 doesn't upgrade the engine it upgrades brakes and suspension and a few other bits (probably most relevantly for 0-60- the exhaust and gear ratio)-

Road and Track said:
a performance-tuned suspension with adjustable threaded spring seats (presumably for tailoring ride height and corner weighting for track applications), bigger brake rotors, a shorter axle ratio, the aforementioned performance exhaust, and enhanced engine and brake cooling.

It's supposed to be a little bit heavier than the current C7 generation

Yup, but only about 68 lbs more.

3298 (C7) vs 3366 (C8)

Reactions: raptor5244
Yeah keep telling yourself that “no one knows”. Lol. The exhaust and the fast it has SS plastered all over it are a dead giveaway.
LOL

Yea, no, most people do not know. SS has always been a trim level, not a model.

I get asked “is that a Malibu?” “Is that an Impala.” “Is that a Cruze?” Which is why I had to get a vanity plate to confuse people even more.

594E93A9-DE5F-4A43-89D7-F914D8A1511A.jpeg

I blame GM’s lackluster marketing and the subtle styling for that. Car enthusiasts might know, but most of the general public are clueless.

View attachment 432317

The other question is whether I could ever go back to an internal combustion vehicle after owning a Tesla? For sure the C8 would make a fun car on the weekends though! Even in its base form I bet it's dynamically going to be excellent, and I'm sure you can go up from there in terms of trackability by ticking the option boxes. The Roadster feels though like it's the only responsible supercar.

I've heard conflicting reports though about the 60 in under 3 seconds. Some have said that you're going to ante up extra money for an upgraded power plant but another report said the base engine would do 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds. It's supposed to be a little bit heavier than the current C7 generation which is not surprising given the issues with mid engine chassis. I suspect it's going to be phenomenally fun-to-drive. Even with the upgraded and presumably superchargedV8 it's going to be a lot cheaper than the Tesla Roadster. Just not as quick.

If they can show high levels of both refinement and reasonable reliability I'm sure they'll sell every one of these they can make.
The major reason you need Z51 package to go sub 3 0-60 is base model will be equipped with all season tires. Z51 upgrade you to PS4S tires same as model 3P. The engine and gearbox are strong enough, just need the grip to go sub 3.

Reactions: dfwatt
The other question is whether I could ever go back to an internal combustion vehicle after owning a Tesla? For sure the C8 would make a fun car on the weekends though! Even in its base form I bet it's dynamically going to be excellent, and I'm sure you can go up from there in terms of trackability by ticking the option boxes. The Roadster feels though like it's the only responsible supercar.

Same here but until Tesla can build a roadster for $60k I will burn some gasoline. ;)

By the way, it is nice to see other car enthusiasts in here. Tesla’s are great, I own two of them but definitely respect other cars regardless of power plant.

Rumor has it that the higher variant Z06 will be AWD, maybe electric powering the front wheels. In some of the cutaway images you can see they designed it with a transmission tunnel to the front wheels.

Today I pulled up at a light next to a sleak Beemer 380i. The prosperous young Black gentleman driving had his right passenger window down, so I lowered mine and asked: "Is that a very fast car?" When he said yes, I smiled and said "so show me." When the light turned green I burst so far ahead that I slowed down and at the next light said: "You weren't really ready back there, where you? He shrugged his shoulders and said: That's electric, right?"

• Funny
Reactions: wenkan and TyH2009