Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get the best rate with Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
were you required to have full coverage? or just liability, or whatever the minimum is?
I am not sure. He just asked me to make sure, I have Car insurance on the phone. There was no specifics of any kind.
They didn't ask me for any proof of insurance.
So, I just insured the car just like my other cars. But, I do have both collision and liability.
Best to ask Scott Paulson at Alliant Credit Union at seven seven three four six two two zero eight six

I did end up going with Alliant, and they gave me 1.74% for 72 months at 5% down. Very pleased. For me, I was required to have full coverage (liability, collision, comprehensive) with a max deductible of $1000. But, this was precisely what I was planning to get anyway, so this worked out fine for me. I'm fairly sure the GAP coverage is *not* required, although they'll try and sell you on it pretty hard because they want to avoid people crashing their cars and defaulting on the loan gap. But it's pretty dang cheap so it seemed worthwhile to me in any case.

I did end up going with Alliant, and they gave me 1.74% for 72 months at 5% down. Very pleased. For me, I was required to have full coverage (liability, collision, comprehensive) with a max deductible of $1000. But, this was precisely what I was planning to get anyway, so this worked out fine for me. I'm fairly sure the GAP coverage is *not* required, although they'll try and sell you on it pretty hard because they want to avoid people crashing their cars and defaulting on the loan gap. But it's pretty dang cheap so it seemed worthwhile to me in any case.

5percent down? How much is your monthly payment?

Hi,
I am from Texas and am considering purchasing a Tesla Model S. What battery size/options did you go with? Did you get the 21" wheels? Who did you end up financing your Tesla through?

I am also from Texas. Check out the financing thread here: Financing options - Page 61

I am probably going with Alliant at 1.99% for 60 months, 100% financing on a pretty well optioned 85D. Got offers from DCU, TCU, Texans Credit Union and USAlliance as well, which I don't think were as good for me.

Right now you can get sub 1%, but only up to 36 months. As soon as you jump to 37+ the rate jumps to 1.5-2%. This is NOT through Tesla.. which I just realized is the subject of the thread. Apologies.