Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get vehicle build/configuration sheet with VIN on it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to sell my model 3 to carvana and they need the motor vehicle purchase agreement that has vin on it. My online account only shows the version with reservation number without the vin.

How do I get the build sheet with VIN?

thanks.

Thanks for your response. The online account glovebox showed the agreement without the VIN.
How bizarre. I just went to double check mine to make sure I didn't give you bad advice (which has a good chance of happening) and my VIN is definitely there - see screen shot (with the actual VIN and personal info removed). It's a 7-page document.

Maybe they have different Agreements or have altered them over time.
Purchase Agreement.PNG

I need to do this too also for carvana. When I click on glovebox, my glovebox pops open lol 😆. Is there another “glovebox”?

The thread you are responding to is a few months old now. The glovebox they were talking about is on the tesla website (not app, not in the car), but I dont know if the tesla website still has the glovebox there. It has recently been re designed (again) so I dont know where that information is.

I need to do this too also for carvana. When I click on glovebox, my glovebox pops open lol 😆. Is there another “glovebox”?

The thread you are responding to is a few months old now. The glovebox they were talking about is on the tesla website (not app, not in the car), but I dont know if the tesla website still has the glovebox there. It has recently been re designed (again) so I dont know where that information is.
It is still there

GloveBox.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Where do you find this information if you purchased the car 3rd party? In my case there is no "Order agreement" under my Glovebox, only the manual.

I did keep the window sticker, but I don't think it is super accurate since the dealership was a BMW dealership that sold us the car. My preference would be to get the more accurate one from Tesla.

Last edited:
Here is what I said and they sent over the window sticker to me:

'Is there a way to get a "build sheet" for this vehicle? We don't have an order agreement for this one in "Glovebox" on the website since it was purchased 3rd party. Is there anything we could get to show what the car has?'

The window sticker was good enough for Carvana.