Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to handle multiple user profile with apps on phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI ,

How do we handle multiple family members having their own profile and using the phone as their key?

Can that happen?
Do we use 1 Tesla account on all phones or do the other family members get their own logon on the app?

Thanks for the help

HI ,

How do we handle multiple family members having their own profile and using the phone as their key?

Can that happen?
Do we use 1 Tesla account on all phones or do the other family members get their own logon on the app?

Thanks for the help
Just log in with the one account. When you pair the phones to the car you can name each phone with an individual profile.

I prefer multiple accounts. It's easy to do that now: More than one additional user/driver can now be added via the website

I also recommend a key card for everyone that is a regular driver plus keeping a spare that is stored securely.

Note someone with app access cannot add their phone as key as less they have access to keycard that is already registered to the car. However they can drive car but they will need to go to the app to "remote start" the car. So for an occasional user this might be sufficient. It also is useful if you need to grant someone temporary access. If they don't have a Tesla account I believe they will be prompted to add one (haven't tested this first hand yet).

Anyone with access can see where the car is. The owner has the payment instrument so they can see supercharging history. I'm not sure what other usage is stored and is available to see.

Only the owner can spend money via the app (e.g. upgrades) but the car can supercharge.

Reactions: Matsayz
I prefer multiple accounts. It's easy to do that now: More than one additional user/driver can now be added via the website

I also recommend a key card for everyone that is a regular driver plus keeping a spare that is stored securely.

Note someone with app access cannot add their phone as key as less they have access to keycard that is already registered to the car. However they can drive car but they will need to go to the app to "remote start" the car. So for an occasional user this might be sufficient. It also is useful if you need to grant someone temporary access. If they don't have a Tesla account I believe they will be prompted to add one (haven't tested this first hand yet).

Anyone with access can see where the car is. The owner has the payment instrument so they can see supercharging history. I'm not sure what other usage is stored and is available to see.

Only the owner can spend money via the app (e.g. upgrades) but the car can supercharge.
So I’m not clear...are additional drivers different from separate profiles?