Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to keep the car on when I get out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this sounds crazy, but whenever we make a stop in my 2020 MX, like at the Supercharger, when I leave the car (and take my fob with me), the car wants to shut down. I put it in Dog Mode, but according to my wife, it still cuts off the radio after a few minutes. Please note that she has her own fob in her purse, still in the car, but it doesn't seem to matter. When I get back to the car, things start working again.

Is this normal?

Tell her to touch the screen after you get out. It just needs to know she is in the car. No need for dog mode.

From the cars perspective it just senses a driver exited and there is weight in the passenger seat. It doesn't know if the weight is a person or a backpack. So your doors prob locking and your wife is just sitting there wondering why the screen turned off.

Reactions: ucmndd
I know this sounds crazy, but whenever we make a stop in my 2020 MX, like at the Supercharger, when I leave the car (and take my fob with me), the car wants to shut down. I put it in Dog Mode, but according to my wife, it still cuts off the radio after a few minutes. Please note that she has her own fob in her purse, still in the car, but it doesn't seem to matter. When I get back to the car, things start working again.

Is this normal?
Yes it is normal. Place the car in Camp Mode instead of dog mode. The only issue is the car does not lock the doors in Camp Mode, you must lock it manually on the screen or in the app. If there is anyone in the car after you leave, just have that person touch the screen, it will wake back up. You also could leave the key in the car, with the passenger.

If touching the screen doesn't work (because, AFAIU, there is only a brief period of time when it will), pressing down on the driver seat bottom to simulate someone sitting there might. This doesn't have to be done constantly, as the "driver" simulated to have poofed in magically apparently cannot leave without the driver door opening.

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston