Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell how many Kwh's you have just charged in to the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The odd thing is that looking at several charges in Tessie shows 100% for some charges and down at 84% for others. I don’t see how you can actually have 100% … that is exactly the same amount added as the charger used. (All on ac home charger) something appears to be amiss, at least for the 100% ones.
Because the BMS may recalibrate during that period, in the same way that a battery can adjust up and down whilst parked. So energy added may also include some of the uplift from recalibration I've seen over 100% charge before although I think TeslaFi now caps that at 100%, and I've also seen some pretty poor efficiencies too which come from a downward recalibration. These anomalies are more easily seen with larger charges where the recalibration is a more significant proportion of the overall charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Ahh nice that's the kinda idea I was hoping for.. thanks
I would suggest reading the manual before plugging the Tesla Mobile Connector into something bought from Screwfix. specifically

1668506794664.png

I'm not an expert of electrical safety, but be aware that using the TMC is like having a kettle boiling all night, it's drawing much higher current than electronic gadgets. Is that £18 electricity meter really designed to handle it?

These are the options I have with the latest app..
Do I not have the option due to it being a lease car?
Strange.

in all seriousness - just do the calculation:
2.3 kw of charging power x hours charged = kwh charged

Also, app shows the amount on latest charging session once charging is finished. you can ALSO set up notification to show when charging is finished - it will tell the amount

These are the options I have with the latest app..
Do I not have the option due to it being a lease car?
Found to my pain that this only works if you're the primary key holder/owner. So it shows on my wife's app, who couldn't give a hoot and I can't see it, I have to borrow her phone to look.
as I posted earlier, you don't have the option if you aren't the primary key holder/owner - shows on my wife's phones, but not mine. Being leased might be the issue, maybe another lease customer could confirm. (we are iPhone users)

Those in their own home who want to go full nerd can use something like products from
TheEnergyDetective.com (There must be an equivalent in the UK) which records the
use for you. One piece in the package of bits is a wall-wart that implements
a local web page you can look at at home. With more than you need to know.
Our system is set up with knowing use/credit to power company, use by Tesla,
and amount generated (Solar). Only a little bit of it requires an electrician.
Yes, all this is way more than one really needs.

Those in their own home who want to go full nerd can use something like products from
TheEnergyDetective.com (There must be an equivalent in the UK) which records the
use for you. One piece in the package of bits is a wall-wart that implements
a local web page you can look at at home. With more than you need to know.
Our system is set up with knowing use/credit to power company, use by Tesla,
and amount generated (Solar). Only a little bit of it requires an electrician.
Yes, all this is way more than one really needs.
TESLAMATE - is the best tool - it will show exactly and can be self hosted - free