Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if new car has HW4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any ETA on
Was there any resolution to this? I have a MX in order and kinda pointless to give away 3 months of FSD if it can’t be activated.

Thanks.
I’m sure this is super redundant, but FSD can be activated on all capable cars, it brings stop light and sign control, FSDb is not a paid feature, it’s a beta program. The question is, did Tesla know what they were offering (FSD and EAP knowing FSDb was never intended to be accessible during the trial) with the trial and more importantly did they communicate that properly to buyers? One would think they would want the beta to be part of the trial to encourage purchases, but on the other hand, in its current state, it might backfire and have the opposite effect, and they know this, and the trial is working as intended.

Yeah the problem is that “FSD” means different things to different people. Many people (me included) regard FSDb as integral to FSD since I’ve been using it for so long and am now actually routinely using it on most of my drives. Not being to use FSDb on a new car purchase is actually going to delay my plans to upgrade my car until I can get access to it.

Sorry it's NOT an error. I picked the car in Nov 2022. Confirmed by VIN # it's 2023 car
Thanks, I didn't realize that could happen, thought it was a typo. So you have HW3. HW4 wasn't widespread until May-Jun 2023. I know because I was waiting for HW4 after cancelling a Jan 2023 order that would have been HW3.

Last edited: