Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to update navigation data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My HW2.5 Model S today has v10.2 (2020.48.12.1) firmware, but still has NA-2019.20-10487 navigation data.

Installing the the 2020.48.12.1 firmware version disabled "stop at traffic lights" feature due to navigation data being old.

Car has been connected to a fast WIFI every day (most of the day) this year.

What can I do to get the map updated?

Attachments

• IMG_4920.jpg
    IMG_4920.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 998
My HW2.5 Model S today has v10.2 (2020.48.12.1) firmware, but still has NA-2019.20-10487 navigation data.

Installing the the 2020.48.12.1 firmware version disabled "stop at traffic lights" feature due to navigation data being old.

Car has been connected to a fast WIFI every day (most of the day) this year.

What can I do to get the map updated?

Your best bet is to open a service request with Tesla. Sometimes, map updates get stuck and they can force a download on their side. It happened to me recently with they released broken maps across all of Europe. They had to roll them back the following day but my car wasn't rolled back and after a few months I contact Tesla who had to do it manually. BTW They haven't fixed our maps months later and we are all stuck on 2019 maps here but we seem to be keeping short-changed by Tesla here in this part of the world on a lot of things.

Reactions: ediflyer
Hello t3sl4drvr,

I see that you described my situation;) My question is : Whether or not have Tesla managed to help you after creating a service request with Tesla? I live in Norway and my car Tesla X (HW2.5, version 2021.4.12 ) got stuck with the same version of map (NA-2019.20-10487). I tried to google and your description of my problem is the best ;) So I just wonder if creation of service request help at all.
Thanks!

EU-2021.8-12875 here as well. Unfortunately some really wrong speed limits on this one, just like with the one they rolled back last year. At least I'm finally getting my HW3 upgrade soon, so the car will at least read the signs to fix them!

Is there any way to request new roads be added to their nav database?

I also have a road that has existed forever that Tesla nav refuses to route through, instead wanting to take a very long way around. I obviously take the shorter path - but would like to help them keep up to date