Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hows night visibility with 20% tint all around?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20% is too dark. After tinting my windows for 8 years, I've concluded that 30 to 35% is ideal. Solar guard carbon tint (not the best one in the world, i agree) 35% will give you enough heat deflection and still maintain a fairly nice dark profile on the windows without reducing visibility.
Go with 30% all around. Cali doesn't allow front window tinting, but I've never been stopped by anyone...even when parked next to a cop. No tickets so far. It's been 8 years and 4 cars

I'd be worried about what the "other guy's" lawyer would be able to do with my "reduced visibility" in any kind of accident. So I have 70% sides and back for heat reduction, nothing on the windshield. You can barely notice it. Not stylish, I know!

Reactions: AlanSqB
I'm getting my car tinted next week and strongly leaning towards 20% - if you have 20% hows night visibility with the mirrors?

thanks
I have two Model 3’s. My first one an SR+ I tinted all around at 20% and my night vision isn’t the best so I don’t like it.

I just got a P3D+’and went with 30% and it’s slightly better and looks just as sharp (and close to state legal limit)

Thanks everyone, I got the 20% done and I am happy with it, no major issues with visibility so far for the past week I've driven late at night.

zh3QANT.jpg