Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's this for an insurance quote?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searched online for an insurance quote for my Model S P90D. Infinity Insurance came up with the following quote......

Pay up front
$2369 per mo.
$28430 total for 12 mos.

Pay as you go
$2330 per mo.
Plus $2863 Down Payment

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
rotflmaorotfllmorotflmaorotfllmorotflmaorotfllmorotflmaorotfllmo

Searched online for an insurance quote for my Model S P90D. Infinity Insurance came up with the following quote......

Is that like one of those weird price errors on Amazon where clearly an item is not supposed to be priced at 350x normal (and everyone knows it) but a computer algorithm priced it, or is that Infinitiy basically saying GO AWAY to Tesla coverage...

Is that like one of those weird price errors on Amazon where clearly an item is not supposed to be priced at 350x normal (and everyone knows it) but a computer algorithm priced it, or is that Infinitiy basically saying GO AWAY to Tesla coverage...

I'm sure its the latter. A lot of insurance companies don't like the Tesla. They're paranoid of the cost to repair it. Maybe rightfully so being that it seems like even when a car is in a moderate accident, they are totaled out. Parts from Tesla are not cheap. I had my insurance in Los Angeles at $800 per 6 months, just got the renewal and they tried to bill me $2,840. They're looking into why, but said the "collision" portion of it when up from $300 to $2,300.

I work for ONE of the company's listed here in the forum, i'm on the front lines working with policyholders too and 1200 is NOT a lot in Mass for a Tesla. Everything from the registry, to the RMV1 process and everything else is stupid expensive. Mass people should KNOW this.

Also, In Mass.. When you are a 98 or a 99 with the regristy, that is when you will get the best rate. It Mass it is illegal for an insurance company to rate you based on age, credit report/ score, education, etc. So, we can only rate you off your driving experience / how long you've held your license IN Mass.

Also, In Mass.. When you are a 98 or a 99 with the regristy, that is when you will get the best rate. It Mass it is illegal for an insurance company to rate you based on age, credit report/ score, education, etc. So, we can only rate you off your driving experience / how long you've held your license IN Mass.

Ahh, my wording was poor.

I was responding to the original poster, the one with the 25k a year or whatever quote, when I said that quote was too high.

The quote I received for the model s was, imo, in line with auto insurance in the state. Now it may be that my quote is also high vs other states but that's why we can vote with our feet and move to other states.

Pay up front
$2369 per mo.
$28430 total for 12 mos.

Pay as you go
$2330 per mo.
Plus $2863 Down Payment

My insurance went up only $367. PER YEAR over my 09 Ford Flex

Pay up front
$2369 per mo.
$28430 total for 12 mos.

Pay as you go
$2330 per mo.
Plus $2863 Down Payment

insurance is such a nuanced item that you cannot try and compare yourself to anyone else. how's your credit? what is your zip code rated? what is your driving history? where do you store your car? how far is your commute? what is your annual mileage history. those and many other factors go into the costs. maybe your quote is high, it's much more than I spend, did you get quotes from many different sources?