Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge Autopilot improv3ment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove a nice and curvy highway today to the next town over. Usually autopilot scares me a bit, going into corners hot and subsequently braking and steering far to hard. Today it slowed before the corners drove smoothly through the corners and accelerated nicely out of them. Compared to the last outing I had it was truly night & day. .....very impressed!

• Informative
Reactions: Potpourri
Current software is 2019.28.3.1
Guessing last outing was with the .24 version couple weeks ago.
I do use my M3 daily but only use auto drive on longer highway trips. Have been using the scroll button in Auto to regulate speed going into sharp turns but the trip yesterday was virtually flawless. I do live in BC so very mountainous in my region.

I'm still noticing issues on 28.3.1. The car moves all over the lane now and tends to get very close to other lanes/oncoming traffic on sweeping turns. Seems to increase the radius of the turn in lieu of slowing down a little. A few times, there have been cars in the other lane that got too close for comfort and I had to take control. There are also a couple of turns on a secondary road on my ride home where the car goes in way too hot to be safe. One is a rising left turn where the vision is limited. Lot of Teslas in the area so I would expect the car to know it needs to slow there, but it blasts right through headed for the weeds. No longer use AP on that section of road.

I'm with Boomer! 28.3.1 dramatically worsened my SR+ AP behavior, in exactly the ways described. Personally I can't wait for the next update, because for now at least I feel it's unsafe to use autopilot in any situation where other vehicles are present.