Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge inventory changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone watching inventory see a large number of model s cars drop off the inventory lists? I know some could have sold, but based on the different system it looks like a hundred plaids sold since sunday. From them sitting for over a month.

Im working through the details on my buyback and getting a new one and the situation is confusing.

Agreed, but they already had the discount before this weekend. Its frustrating as I keep waiting and waiting for my buyback and there was a perfect example waiting but couldn't do anything. Oh well.

As I told them either it happens or I am no longer a tesla customer for the foreseeable future. Not sure what else to do. They had one available today, which became unavail but no record of sale. So it is suspicious to me. Especially with the weird outage they had.

I don’t even believe the inventory changes. Been watching our local inventory since the weekend and it seems like Model S disappear one day and then the next the same ones are back in stock. There is no way they are selling that fast and think Tesla web system is just very poor.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I think it’s something on their end. I wasn’t able to see inventory here in NC yesterday, but now some of them are showing up again. Also, I can’t see the location until you click on the car and scroll to the bottom.

I just checked before I submitted this comment, I can see local inventory on my phone, but not on my computer - both running safari. Wonky.

The inventory isn't accurate on outside websites. There are several cars in my state showing up on the Tesla site, but none available on the inventory tracker sites. Seems like Tesla is just trying to block the public from actually seeing how many vehicles are available through other sites.

Tesla.com used inventory was doing same thing for me; limited inventory with most in neighboring states unable to be registered in my state, Pennsylvania.

So, if your looking to buy existing inventory, contact a sales rep at your SC.

Sales rep was able to get precisely the car I wanted, currently in transit to Philadelphia from California, black on beige with 19s.

The one I was looking at from this weekend showed back up and my SA says the buyback paperwork and subsequent delivery are imminent.

So wish me luck. This is a make or break for me with Tesla, I’ve gone too many rounds but hopefully I can change my tagline from buyback to happy customer once again soon.

Reactions: DBV1 and Mayer
Tesla Troy was discussing this on Twitter as it's played havoc with some of his data sources. It seems in the US there's been a technical change on Teslas side which has meant a lot of cars have disappeared from the 3rd party sites.

US MS inventory counts:
ev-cpo = 182
waiting for tesla = 187
tesla-info = 578
Tesla hunt = 143

Hard to tell how many on Tesla themselves