TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HVAC on a timer

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by bnzck, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:26 PM.

1. bnzck

bnzck Member

Hey TMC! Since I, like I'm sure many others, leave home and drive home at basically the same time each day, is there a way I can set a timer to automatically turn on the heating/cooling of the car? If not I think this could be a great future update.

For example, each day Monday through Friday, at 7:25 my HVAC sets to 70 degrees and a notification is sent to the phone (in the case you'd like to turn if off)

Thoughts or suggestions?

2. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

you can with TeslaFi

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.28.3.1

People have been requesting this feature for years. Smart preconditioning is supposed to learn your schedule but I don't know of anyone who ever saw it working correctly. There are 3rd party sites or apps that will allow you to schedule the HVAC. I just turn things on manually whenever walking to my car on a particularly hot or cold day.

4. bnzck

bnzck Member

Thanks for the quick responses!

5. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

No worries. Here are all the things you can schedule with TeslaFi:
    upload_2019-8-15_13-41-25.png

6. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

You can also do it with the Stats app.

IMG_1295.jpeg

7. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

That's exactly what smart preconditioning is supposed to do - only instead of you selecting times manually, the car will learn your habits.

Or, as other folks have said, there are several options for third party apps that will let you set a schedule through the remote API (I keep a TeslaFI account but I haven't tried to set that up myself so far.)

8. rklokk

rklokk Member

If you own a Samsung Watch the DRIVE - Electric app does that (from v2.2.2)...
    No 3.party server involved. Only your watch...

screenshot_15_0.png screenshot_15_1.png