Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC! Since I, like I'm sure many others, leave home and drive home at basically the same time each day, is there a way I can set a timer to automatically turn on the heating/cooling of the car? If not I think this could be a great future update.

For example, each day Monday through Friday, at 7:25 my HVAC sets to 70 degrees and a notification is sent to the phone (in the case you'd like to turn if off)

Thoughts or suggestions?

People have been requesting this feature for years. Smart preconditioning is supposed to learn your schedule but I don't know of anyone who ever saw it working correctly. There are 3rd party sites or apps that will allow you to schedule the HVAC. I just turn things on manually whenever walking to my car on a particularly hot or cold day.

No worries. Here are all the things you can schedule with TeslaFi:
upload_2019-8-15_13-41-25.png

Hey TMC! Since I, like I'm sure many others, leave home and drive home at basically the same time each day, is there a way I can set a timer to automatically turn on the heating/cooling of the car? If not I think this could be a great future update.

For example, each day Monday through Friday, at 7:25 my HVAC sets to 70 degrees and a notification is sent to the phone (in the case you'd like to turn if off)

Thoughts or suggestions?

That's exactly what smart preconditioning is supposed to do - only instead of you selecting times manually, the car will learn your habits.

Or, as other folks have said, there are several options for third party apps that will let you set a schedule through the remote API (I keep a TeslaFI account but I haven't tried to set that up myself so far.)