Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this question in another thread but perhaps it is better served here. I have a Model 3 with a build date of 05/19 (on the door sticker). I took delivery on May 18th. I received 16.2 a few days ago and now have no confirmation lane changes while using NoA. Does that mean that I somehow have a May build with the 2.5 computer? I did order FSD prior to delivery. Anything else I can check to verify or do I need to call support?

Thanks!

I posted this question in another thread but perhaps it is better served here. I have a Model 3 with a build date of 05/19 (on the door sticker). I took delivery on May 18th. I received 16.2 a few days ago and now have no confirmation lane changes while using NoA. Does that mean that I somehow have a May build with the 2.5 computer? I did order FSD prior to delivery. Anything else I can check to verify or do I need to call support?

Thanks!

That’s a very good question. When you took delivery what firmware were you on - and did you have no-confirmation lane changes then?

If you have a 5/19 Model 3 you almost certainly have HW3. So this is interesting that you have 16.2. Is your backup camera frame-rate super smooth or a little jerky? HW3 backup camera (at least prior to 16.2) has some jerkiness to the frame rate.

Got 2019.16.2 on Friday... drove with it (many miles of EAP), and found it to be only 'slightly' less buggy than previous iterations.

Mostly, now when stopped at a light or in traffic, with vehicles on both sides... the vehicle renderings on the screen that are on my 4 and 8 start jumping around like sloths on crack! Distracting.

It has done a better job in this regard: When driving in the HOV lane, and cruising past all the stopped cars in the non-HOV lanes, I get less 'ghost braking'. Before, the car felt 'nervous' going past the slower vehicles... but now, it seems more self-assured (to use human terms).

Not that the ghost braking is gone, per se, but it has diminished to a less annoying level.

I do like the 'zooming' rendering of my vehicle in the screen... kinda cool.

That’s a very good question. When you took delivery what firmware were you on - and did you have no-confirmation lane changes then?

If you have a 5/19 Model 3 you almost certainly have HW3. So this is interesting that you have 16.2. Is your backup camera frame-rate super smooth or a little jerky? HW3 backup camera (at least prior to 16.2) has some jerkiness to the frame rate.

Thanks for the quick reply. Definitely jerky. Had 12.1.2 when I picked it up.

I just chatted with customer service who confirmed that I do have HW3/FSD. I'm currently on 2019.12.1.2 and she said that there was no update slated for my car right now which to me means that I won't be getting 2019.16.2. I thought that meant that HW3/FSD cars wouldn't be getting that update and that another update would be coming at some point for our cars.

But I'm reading conflicting reports of this above so I do not know what to believe at this point.

All I know for certain is that I have HW3/FSD as I suspected based on my firmware schedule since purchasing the car on 4/26.

I just chatted with customer service who confirmed that I do have HW3/FSD. I'm currently on 2019.12.1.2 and she said that there was no update slated for my car right now which to me means that I won't be getting 2019.16.2. I thought that meant that HW3/FSD cars wouldn't be getting that update and that another update would be coming at some point for our cars.

But I'm reading conflicting reports of this above so I do not know what to believe at this point.

All I know for certain is that I have HW3/FSD as I suspected based on my firmware schedule since purchasing the car on 4/26.
I think an easy way to check would be to see if your dashcam footage is encoded in h.265 or h.264. I don't think >HW2.5 use h.265 Probably because Nvidia's h.265 encoders were pretty bad...

I think an easy way to check would be to see if your dashcam footage is encoded in h.265 or h.264. I don't think >HW2.5 use h.265 Probably because Nvidia's h.265 encoders were pretty bad...

Just so people are aware. 2019.16.3 just hit teslafi now. So possible that will be for our cars and we might get it. Just a guess. But I don’t think the 16.2 update will go massive for HW3 at this point! Probably have some code to rearrange and work out for us. I still find it super strange that FSD computer at launch didn’t not support some of the AP feature. That was strange.

F20EFAA7-EB71-4EAF-BDEE-E9F5AAA44D5B.jpeg
Also, everyone check your update page, just saw this right now!

Reactions: WilliamG