Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90BE8AF5-648A-4F26-9F4C-552A6B22EA17.jpeg

Based on the notes. Seems like the exact updates 16.2 has. Maybe 16.3 is the hw3 version. Excuse me if this has been covered already.

Edit: before anyone points it out. I know my cars “name” is spelt wrong. I let my kid name and spell it. Lol

Last edited:
View attachment 413022

Based on the notes. Seems like the exact updates 16.2 has. Maybe 16.3 is the hw3 version. Excuse me if this has been covered already.

Edit: before anyone points it out. I know my cars “name” is spelt wrong. I let my kid name and spell it. Lol
Well... I let my 4 year old name mine and it's name is now Taco so...

This seems to prove that TeslaFi is not properly tracking HW3 M3s in their site. It's listing just about all the 2016.16.3 software updates as being installed on HW2.5 cars. I suspect as discussed here that all the 2016.3 rollouts are only going to HW3 cars, no 2.5 cars. And the new M3s are not following the old option code scheme that TeslaFi is rellying on.

This seems to prove that TeslaFi is not properly tracking HW3 M3s in their site. It's listing just about all the 2016.16.3 software updates as being installed on HW2.5 cars. I suspect as discussed here that all the 2016.3 rollouts are only going to HW3 cars, no 2.5 cars. And the new M3s are not following the old option code scheme that TeslaFi is relying on.
Yeah the API doesn't report HW3 in the options codes for Model 3s. I tried using the API directly myself and it says I have APH3 (HW2.5), then called Tesla and they confirmed that I have HW3.