Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change in performance with new fsd vs old one seen so far

This is not unexpected.
I thought there was a possibility that v10 might start to diverge, but apparently that didn't happen.

We fall in the category of HW2.5 Model 3 with FSD, but we only just paid for FSD, so absolutely not holding my breathe waiting for the call. :)
I would like to get HW3 by the time Tesla are OTA'ing true FSD-only capabilities (beyond the EAP feature set)

I would be hopeful but if they replaced my HW3 to install HW2.5, I don't think they will upgrade me again to HW3 and my MCU1 to MCU2 without lots of $$$$.

This is good data point for us who own MCU1 + HW2.5 cars. If MCU1 is having issues supporting HW3 (FSD), then Tesla definitely need to upgrade MCU of our car (or find other solution) to make it FSD capable if purchased the FSD package.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
This is good data point for us who own MCU1 + HW2.5 cars. If MCU1 is having issues supporting HW3 (FSD), then Tesla definitely need to upgrade MCU of our car (or find other solution) to make it FSD capable if purchased the FSD package.

One thing i wanted to note is that after they first upgraded me to HW3, they tried to update my software to V10 and was not able to do so. I think it was because I had MCU1, therefore they called me in to replace it to HW2.5 and then they installed V10 with no problems.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
So for the record, no one with HW 2.0 has got this upgrade yet? Seems as though one person with HW 2.5 got a new computer but no service sheet has been posted.

Should repost the poll specifying HW 2.0 OR HW 2.5

None the less.... some excellent information here.
Everyone withAP2.0-2.50 get free Tesla upgrade board to ap3.0 processor. This is 100% confirmed. All model S made from 2016 October (the only real revision so far. Get it!!! I have one 100%

Reactions: JeffnReno