Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have purchased FSD and are waiting on the new HW3 computer to be installed. many would have had their Teslas for 1-3 years or more by the time the hardware is installed. What will be the warranty for the HW3? Will it be covered for 4 years post installation date, or will the warranty of a brand new computer expire with the general warranty of the car based on purchase date? This may be a very important point in the future should HW3 failures be experienced and wind up costing thousands to replace early in its life.

...will the warranty of a brand new computer expire with the general warranty of the car based on purchase date?...

I would imagine the warranty starts from the car purchase date and not the replacement date.

That means for those who bought FSD in October 2016 when the "new" HW2 came out, their HW3 will have new car warranty coverage until October 2020 or only about a year from now.

Reactions: WarpedOne
I would imagine the warranty starts from the car purchase date and not the replacement date.

That means for those who bought FSD in October 2016 when the "new" HW2 came out, their HW3 will have new car warranty coverage until October 2020 or only about a year from now.
That's what I figured, although not really fair if you think about it. Hopefully it will be a rock solid product as the HW2+ has been to date.

That's what I figured, although not really fair if you think about it. Hopefully it will be a rock solid product as the HW2+ has been to date.

It comes with the territory.

Early adopters bought something that was not existing yet so we bought something that's still unknown.

Most likely we paid for something that won't be realized after we will sell our cars after 8 years (supervised FSD won't count, it's plain FSD with no drivers at all that counts.)

Reactions: C141medic