Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 cars with FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with the right software can get it.

There are NO differences for HW4 at this time AFIAK. The ONLY thing that is different is the line in the car that says what's installed. Nothing else is better. There is no difference. You don't know that it is there.

I have a MDY with HW4 and just got 2023.20.7 but NO FSD despite a subscription.
Tesla sucks for communication. They dont say anything, even would not give me an equipment list prior to taking delivery.
Tesla needs to communicate with people better because many people are walking away disgusted. Good will only lasts so long.
Autopilot works ok on the highway, but has tried to take off ramps at highway speeds.
The safety score is a joke - cars pull in front of me to enter a parking lot 3 car lengths ahead but alarm sounded and safety score dropped like a rock.

Tesla sucks for communication. They dont say anything, even would not give me an equipment list prior to taking delivery.
Tesla needs to communicate with people better because many people are walking away disgusted. Good will only lasts so long.
Autopilot works ok on the highway, but has tried to take off ramps at highway speeds.
The safety score is a joke - cars pull in front of me to enter a parking lot 3 car lengths ahead but alarm sounded and safety score dropped like a rock.
What equipment are you expecting in an equipment list? There really are few options, hitch, wheels, that's about it.

And while some people may be walking away disgusted, Tesla, I believe, is one of the highest in brand loyalty.

It’s 2023.7.20 that has HW4 FSDb, 2023.20.7 has FSDb for HW3 and below. Confusing, right? Wish they would just merge the tracks already, or at least make 11.4.x advanced and 11.3.x standard.

Reactions: preilly44
What equipment are you expecting in an equipment list? There really are few options, hitch, wheels, that's about it.

And while some people may be walking away disgusted, Tesla, I believe, is one of the highest in brand loyalty.
I read the owners manual before delivery so I would know how everything works. Many areas of the manual it says "If Equipped". I just wanted to know what I was buying. Also, things like HW3 and HW4 would be listed as well as whether it had floor mats, matrix headlights, the rims I requested.. etc (I requested a change to 20" but it was never made). The complete equipment list is supposed to be provided upon request per US federal law. It is called Monroney disclosure. While there are few options, there is variability in the vehicle between factories in terms of equipment. It would be helpful to know what is being purchased. HW3 / HW4 is a big variable..

I read the owners manual before delivery so I would know how everything works. Many areas of the manual it says "If Equipped". I just wanted to know what I was buying. Also, things like HW3 and HW4 would be listed as well as whether it had floor mats, matrix headlights, the rims I requested.. etc (I requested a change to 20" but it was never made). The complete equipment list is supposed to be provided upon request per US federal law. It is called Monroney disclosure. While there are few options, there is variability in the vehicle between factories in terms of equipment. It would be helpful to know what is being purchased. HW3 / HW4 is a big variable..
I've never seen a Mnoroney report show the version of the Engine Control Unit that a car has.
The type headlights? Only if they were an option.

If you look at the options on the software menu, I think that that answer most of the "if equipped" statements in the manual.

Reactions: preilly44