Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai Kona Electric SUV - Interesting!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking at that too. I do have a M3 reservation, but what I "really" want is an SUV. I'm afraid the MY will arrive too late to replace my current SUV (2008 Ford Escape Hybrid), especially since I want AWD, so this one really caught my attention. Still haven't heard whether the Kona Electric is AWD....

Reactions: Pkmmte
I've been looking at that too. I do have a M3 reservation, but what I "really" want is an SUV. I'm afraid the MY will arrive too late to replace my current SUV (2008 Ford Escape Hybrid), especially since I want AWD, so this one really caught my attention. Still haven't heard whether the Kona Electric is AWD....
The Kona EV will only be FWD.

To get the AWD you must have the ICE

No not AWD for the EV version...

We were looking at both Niro and Kona EV. The dealership(s) told us that there is a limited number of them being tested in Norway and California and they don't expect them to be available anytime soon. Earliest mid or late 2019.

With the volume of production like this Norway alone can eat up all the orders before anyone else gets a hand on them.

I too have Model 3 reservation and am holding to it. Maybe Y or pickup will be there for when our lease on my wife's car is over.

I would seriously look into whether they have a liquid TMS. If not, stay away. Cars with diverted cabin air to their traction batteries are failing. I think that cabin air is (from what I remember) what Hyundai is currently offering.
Look at the review above. Yes, Kona 64 has liquid cooling of the pack. Consumption is surprisingly low also.