Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai vs. Tesla | Why Hyundai Poses the Biggest EV Threat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish Ioniq didn't have a mark up of $5000 plus some options like 360 surround view is only available on the limited which is pretty impossible to get
Yea, markup is tough. I paid $1.5k over with a non refundable $500 deposit. It's the best way to get one in Colorado.

The non refundable deposit is tough to swallow but you give the dealer exactly what your looking for...trim, color, AWD/RWD...then they'll match you with the next car that comes in matching that. I gave 3 color options, SEL or LIMITED, and AWD. Got a match within 3 weeks. Pretty sure I got luckier than most.

Yea, markup is tough. I paid $1.5k over with a non refundable $500 deposit. It's the best way to get one in Colorado.

The non refundable deposit is tough to swallow but you give the dealer exactly what your looking for...trim, color, AWD/RWD...then they'll match you with the next car that comes in matching that. I gave 3 color options, SEL or LIMITED, and AWD. Got a match within 3 weeks. Pretty sure I got luckier than most.

They say the limited is a unicorn in California. Congrats on your new car

There is no significant record of I5 or EV6 depreciation. In fact, at the present time used ones are selling for more than new MSRP. EV depreciation is going through a crazy period due to the shortage of new EVs relative to demand.
You will find out when you try to sell yours soon. I am just telling you to be mentally prepared. A member here already posted his experience with low offers for his I5.

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02
You will find out when you try to sell yours soon. I am just telling you to be mentally prepared. A member here already posted his experience with low offers for his I5.
I can easily sell it for what I bought it for. And I can still claim the $10k tax credits. So....$10k profit? Not too bad in my experience.

Electric cars depreciate differently than ice. Sure the leaf is terrible but most other electric cars are holding value. Especially as people start to realize that the HV battery doesn't need to be replaced for the life of the frame.

Why assume all I5 owners are selling their cars after only a few months? Not everyone buys and sells cars every 2-3 years. I drive em till the wheels fall off.

Haha! Just like The Mach E is the 3rd best selling EV in the US!!!!
Mach e is so ugly to me..i have seen a few and they are so generic..like the leaf and even volt. N
I agree that is a great feature and selling point for the Ioniq 5 and EV6. I also would like my Y to be able to charge that fast.

However, at least where I live (Central NY) and make long road trips, currently the public charging network is bad enough to completely eliminate that advantage. There are very few fast chargers and some locations only have 1 or 2 chargers. Not only do you need to hope they aren't being used but also need to hope they work as there wouldn't be any other options to charge. If a charging location even has a 350kW charger for the Ioniq 5 to take advantage of, there will only be 1.

When I tested out my CCS1 adapter last week at the nearby fast charger, there was an Ioniq 5 charging on the 350kw station, a bolt charging a 150kw station at only 30kw, and the other 150kw station wasn't working. Not very confident inspiring for long road trips.

I talked to the Ioniq 5 owner and did see that her car was charging very fast so I waited for her to finish. I used the same charger for my Model Y and it didn't charge nearly as fast as her Ioniq 5 but still worked very well. She did say on her trip from Buffalo that she experienced charging issues with the fast chargers being out of order and only 1-3 stations at each location. So a lot of waiting for a working station.

The public fast charging experience needs to improve a lot...I believe it will eventually, I hope.
free supercharging if you have it is a huge bonus for te

What makes you think that I have a Kia/Hyundai EV? There is NO record to judge depreciation as I said. One experience doesn't make a record. I do Know that the asking price for my low mileage 2021 Model Y ($55,000 out the door) is 100% in my area $69, 000.

What makes you think that I have a Kia/Hyundai EV? There is NO record to judge depreciation as I said. One experience doesn't make a record. I do Know that the asking price for my low mileage 2021 Model Y ($55,000 out the door) is 100% in my area $69, 000.
Hyundai/Kia depreciates more and faster and it’s been this way for more than decades.
Also we are not talking about Tesla here.

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02
Yes and google was $42 and Amazon was $42 and rivian was $42. And??
I was just calling you out your off topic "Just like $TSLA?" comment.

Not sure why people don't accept the "FACT" about Hyundai/Kia's resale values lower than others and depreciates faster than others. It may not be something you are not familiar, but us "experts" (LOL) know how the market moves and how it has been that way since Hyundai/Kia landed on the US market.
They've gotten better in terms of quality and value, but still they depreciate faster and resale values are lower than others, especially Japanese competitors.

Reactions: Anothergeek