Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m sorry I claimed Tesla support was helpful

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to apologize. I’ve been telling people that Tesla Support is very helpful if you call and ask for for help in a meaningful manner. I was wrong. I spoke with a representative today who refuse to take a report of the problems I’m having with auto pilot. He said “it would be a waste of resources to report what happened to you.” Rather than let an engineer decide what’s helpful he thought he knew better enter.

here’s what happened. On Sunday, I drove from the SF Bay Area to Crescent city. At 8:35 on 101N in Leggett, CA Autopilot stopped slowing down for curves. I stopped, put the car in park and resumed. No change. I stopped, did “Power Off” waited for 10 minutes before pressing the brake pedal. No change
Only after I supercharged In Crescent City at 3:30 pm did Autopilot begin slowing for curves again.

It seemed to me that there was a problem.

the telephone representatives answer? “Sir that is not a feature of Autopilot. Autopilot does not slow down for curves. The manual says don’t drive on curvy roads. And freeways don’t have curves. Therefore you must have been on city streets and we don’t support turns on city streets. You can’t expect beta features to work at all and we certainly don’t want feedback when they don’t work.”

Ps. Tesla support won’t talk to you now if you don’t know your range and odometer reading. That’s all it takes to prove you own the car. Range and odometer.

i love this car. But today I was treated like cr@p by Tesla and it doesn’t feel good.

pps: I asked for a call from the guys manager. Anyone want to bet I will never receive that call?

Sorry to hear you had an interaction like that with Tesla. It's very annoying and upsetting to try to be helpful and end up being marginalized by support staff that really don’t give a damn. At least you tried.

Reactions: raphy3 and Puddles
Just what Tomas said above, this is from a Reddit member:

“It has been confirmed many times by service center personnel that Tesla doesn't look at bug reports logged via voice. They look at emails from Early Access Program people.”

Fred

Don’t worry. They will be treating you like crap everyday now that they have your money.

Post sale service/support is not something they pride themselves on.

That hasn’t been my experience. Just the opposite.
You hear from the people on the forum that voice a complaint. You don’t hear from the rest of the owners that have had great experiences.

I read somewhere or saw a YouTube video that mentioned that the Bug Report feature has been removed and no longer works. Will try and look for that.

Fred

It still exists- but it doesn't, and never has, "gone" anywhere.

The report stays local to the car, and a service center can remotely access it if you open a service appointment in the app- otherwise nobody ever sees them at all- and they don't get sent to HQ or anything like that.

Reactions: navguy12
here’s what happened. On Sunday, I drove from the SF Bay Area to Crescent city. At 8:35 on 101N in Leggett, CA Autopilot stopped slowing down for curves. I stopped, put the car in park and resumed. No change. I stopped, did “Power Off” waited for 10 minutes before pressing the brake pedal. No change
Only after I supercharged In Crescent City at 3:30 pm did Autopilot begin slowing for curves again.

It seemed to me that there was a problem.

Methinks that this should just be reported to tesla using the “bug report” feature built into the car. No call necessary.

It still exists- but it doesn't, and never has, "gone" anywhere.

The report stays local to the car, and a service center can remotely access it if you open a service appointment in the app- otherwise nobody ever sees them at all- and they don't get sent to HQ or anything like that.

Where is this information coming from? I don't recall reading anything official released from Tesla on this.

Where is this information coming from? I don't recall reading anything official released from Tesla on this.

Aside from the numerous folks at Tesla service centers who've confirmed it, various folks with root access to the computers (like greentheonly) have also confirmed the bug reports aren't 'sent' anywhere and are just stored locally for a service center to look at if you open a ticket with them

Methinks that this should just be reported to tesla using the “bug report” feature built into the car. No call necessary.

Except, again, that info does not get sent to anybody- so it'd accomplish zero on it's own.

There's over 1 million Teslas on the road today- and hundreds of thousands being added this year alone.... they wouldn't remotely have enough manpower to actually listen to every bug report filed.

Reactions: navguy12
One question:

How do you manage to reach a human at Tesla?

Based on my experience, I assumed they’d all been replaced by Elon’s feared AI overlord. Wouldn’t that just be perfect if the ultimate form of AI interaction (before eliminating us) was the infinite loop phone menu model?

Reaching an actually person is near impossible, good luck even getting someone on the phone at a SC and I know humans work there. I keep the text thread with the SC, I have texted that void with no response too. That being said my recent SC appointment did have better communication but only if you have an appointment can you get their attention.

Reaching an actually person is near impossible, good luck even getting someone on the phone at a SC and I know humans work there. I keep the text thread with the SC, I have texted that void with no response too. That being said my recent SC appointment did have better communication but only if you have an appointment can you get their attention.

Wonder if the call centre in the US is different from Canada. (Although that wouldn’t make sense.) I’ve been on hold, for sure, but the few times I called, I got through.

They may be getting sent nowhere, but I have had a fairly reliablly strong correlation with doing a voice command of "Bug report: Incorrect speed limit, westbound" (for instance) on a given road every time I observe it and the next map update correcting it. I know that correlation is not causation, but I do find it interesting.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rg3500 and JayNJ
Supercharging reboots AP? I never knew that.

I doubt it was the supercharging, but I've seen glitches go away when exiting and entering the car.

So it was probably the act of putting it into park, getting out, and then getting back in.

I seem to remember some comic someone posted awhile back in the spirit of reboot, but instead of rebooting it was getting out of the car and back in.

So, this does nothing?

It stores a bookmark to the logs locally on the car.

If you open a service center appointment, the service center can remotely read that log to see if there's an obvious issue with whatever you opened the ticket for.

But if you never open a service request in the app- yeah- it basically does nothing but take up space on your cars local storage.

They may be getting sent nowhere, but I have had a fairly reliablly strong correlation with doing a voice command of "Bug report: Incorrect speed limit, westbound" (for instance) on a given road every time I observe it and the next map update correcting it. I know that correlation is not causation, but I do find it interesting.

Coincidence.

There's dozens of folks who've posted (for years) they did that many times and a given limit was never fixed.

I've got one I reported daily for months when I first got the car almost 2 years ago, before I learned those reports don't go anywhere, that STILL isn't correct in the maps even today.

AFAIK Tesla doesn't even maintain that speed limit database- a third party does.

Reactions: DopeGhoti