Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor I am considering making UK/RHD Model 3 carpets/floor mats. Interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK
I'm preparing for my car when it arrives in August and am utterly amazed at the lack of UK/RHD floor mats available for the M3.

So much so that I am thinking about making my own. (Don't panic, I have experience with this kind of thing having restored a few classic cars in the past).

So I have a couple of questions:

1 - Would anyone be interested in ordering some if I were to make them half-decent and desirable?
2 - Is there anything special/specific you'd like to see? Logos, plain, colours, throttle-pedal padding etc?

Worth a go I reckon... Whaddyathink?

Maybe like this with actual metallic text that wont fade.

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 119
I’d be interested. You may receive some interest with boot and front trunk mats too if you can produce them for a more reasonable price point than what the Tesla shop sell them for and we must be expecting a few thousand SR’+ orders amongst the 6000 UK orders so highly unlikely the shop will ever have enough stock. I checked the US site yesterday looking at prices and saw they are sold out over there once again.

Sounds like you know what you're doing. I'd be interested. Post your design here and see what interest you get. I wouldn't canvas requests as most potential customers will be terrible at design. Either they like it or not! I'd pay extra for bespoke/rare mats of decent quality!

Most likely this is another rubbish ides, feel free to ignore... Include the logo (letter in the correct font) for each Tesla model so far, spelling the word SEXY or S3XY out. But, put the three lines of the Tesla E in red (or the numeral 3 in red), the rest in white on black mats.

Reactions: 1 person
Most likely this is another rubbish ides, feel free to ignore... Include the logo (letter in the correct font) for each Tesla model so far, spelling the word SEXY or S3XY out. But, put the three lines of the Tesla E in red (or the numeral 3 in red), the rest in white on black mats.

If my LR has mats then I don't need them.
However I like your idea for the 3. Perhaps it would look classy just having the 3 red lines on their own.
Cheers.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It depends on Tesla's attitude to its IP and how aggressive its UK lawyers are. I have known big US firms coming down like a ton of bricks on small one offs on the basis 'if we don't stop this guy how are we going to stop the next one'
Personally, I wouldn't bet the farm on anything, but in my experience with infringements on copyright and IP, it always starts with a 'letter before action' (UK) or 'cease and desist' (US) or similar which as long as the person or entity stops what they are doing there is rarely any follow-up. Of course, anything is possible and it depends on circumstances, such as the products being sold by an established business. I would say this example is EXTREMELY low risk.

I'm preparing for my car when it arrives in August and am utterly amazed at the lack of UK/RHD floor mats available for the M3.

So much so that I am thinking about making my own. (Don't panic, I have experience with this kind of thing having restored a few classic cars in the past).

So I have a couple of questions:

1 - Would anyone be interested in ordering some if I were to make them half-decent and desirable?
2 - Is there anything special/specific you'd like to see? Logos, plain, colours, throttle-pedal padding etc?

Worth a go I reckon... Whaddyathink?
I will be waiting to see what comes with the car (LR AWD), but a good quality, well fitting, weatherproof front pair would be of interest, if reasonably competitive price-wise. Not looking for Oscar & Hamish type thing.