Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am selling my Model Y SR I just bought in February, maybe you should too??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure how you can upgrade without spending a penny out of pocket. You didn’t spend any money on tax on your previous car? You know a loophole to get a Model Y LR for under 50,000 right now? I think the clickbait and exaggeration is what bothered most people on here. People prefer to interact on a message board by reading posts, and you could have posted in a paragraph (like you did after the fact) with a summary of your situation.

Someone post a tl;dr please.
tl;dr OP didn't want to spend a few minutes getting a valuation from Carvana so he went with Vroom. Vroom is giving him a price better than the net but likely not much better than the out-the-door pricing. Vroom generally requires wet signatures and have a backlog in their pick-up process.
You can repeat this video with numerous brands in the used car market right now.

I understand you want that sweet, sweet Youtube ad money, but this is starting to get ridiculous.
Please, just create ONE thread for yourself and post all of your experiences/videos on there. That way, people can also follow your entire experience from start to finish instead of all this disjointed threads.

e.g. put it into your existing clickbaity thread: I am selling my Model Y I just bought in February, maybe you should too??

Video is blocked due to a copyright claim so can't watch it.

What exactly was negative about the Vroom experience?
Curious, too. I’m trading my Model 3 to them now and getting a Model Y in return and thus far, I the experience has been below-average as they’re slow to respond, pics were terrible and they can’t provide additional images, etc. Worried that it’s only going to get worse.

Curious, too. I’m trading my Model 3 to them now and getting a Model Y in return and thus far, I the experience has been below-average as they’re slow to respond, pics were terrible and they can’t provide additional images, etc. Worried that it’s only going to get worse.
If only there was a video that explained OPs experience with Vroom. hmmm... 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: El joe
Personally I'd prefer to just read a post. I like youtube but get pretty annoyed by youtubers.
Agreed, but the answers are there if one wants them. This thread has really piled-on against OP as if he had some type of nefarious intent. He made a video, didn't explain what was in it, got trashed for doing so, explained what was in there, and people are still upset with him and treating his video like it's a computer virus.

I didn't realize that posting a video talking about a very surprising and unique situation with selling my 5 month old Model Y SR without posting a full outline of the video first would cause such a stir, including comments being disabled? Although I don't visit here often anymore I have never been aware of a policy that a thorough summary of a video has to be included with a post? Those of you that think this was some sort of devious plot to make mountains of YouTube cash, I apologize, as that is surely not the case. In a nutshell I was offered 10k more than the list price for my 2021 Model Y SR from Vroom and am using the profits from that sale to upgrade to a MY LR with spending a penny out of pocket or increasing my payment.
I want to keep my Youtube video recommendation on Fox and friends, Alex Jones, Qanon and conspiracy theories. Your video may disrupt that.

Vroom requires wet signatures so there's delay in waiting on fedex both ways. There's also a delay on their end wait for pickup etc.
OP likely could have had a better time submitting to Carvana but didn't want to take ODO photo.
My experience with Carvana was pretty good overall. I had a 2020 GLC 300 which I had leased for a family member. But they wanted a larger car so I looked at selling the GLC based on this crazy used car market. I got quotes from Carvana, Vroom and CarMax and Carvana's appraisal came in $2k higher than the others.

The process was frustrating at times (there was a delay in getting the dealer payoff quote from MBFS to Carvana) and wait times to talk with a Carvana representative frequently exceed on hour. But once the payoff quote was obtained, things went smoothly. They came to my house yesterday to pick up the car, have me sign paperwork, and give me my check. The entire process took 10 minutes.

In the end, I got $4723 from Carvana. Very happy as people are usually upside down when trying to end a lease early.

Reactions: acebrigade
Recently picked up new MY, was going to trade 2015 Passat to Tesla but got offered $2300 more from Carmax. Then just for the experience a friend suggested we try Carvana - which ended up giving us another $3400 over what Carmax beat Tesla's offer at. A $5700 gain just by checking with two other car buying companies.

Coupled with the quick processing and convenience of Carvana picking up the car directly from our home it was a no-brainer.

The only slight "glitch" was that when they handed us the check, they said to wait 48 hours to cash it.

Say whuuut????

So of course we immediately rushed to the nearest Wells Fargo branch (the bank the check was drawn on) and from this little micro sub-office located deep inside a local WalMart, they produced and handed to us the entire amount in $100 bills...guess who we will be selling our next car to?

Reactions: Duf67
I didn't realize that posting a video talking about a very surprising and unique situation with selling my 5 month old Model Y SR without posting a full outline of the video first would cause such a stir, including comments being disabled? Although I don't visit here often anymore I have never been aware of a policy that a thorough summary of a video has to be included with a post? Those of you that think this was some sort of devious plot to make mountains of YouTube cash, I apologize, as that is surely not the case. In a nutshell I was offered 10k more than the list price for my 2021 Model Y SR from Vroom and am using the profits from that sale to upgrade to a MY LR with spending a penny out of pocket or increasing my payment.

Video title is clickbait because it's not brand new anymore, and its MY SR, so you should specify its a S/R.

• Disagree
Reactions: Duf67