TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I am sooo stupid

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Arizona Willie, May 17, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. Arizona Willie

I saw in a discussion in Tesla about seat belts and how they should fit and there was a link to some seat belt extenders.

I bought them.

Now I can't figure out how they work. ‍♂️

Looked 'em up on Facebook and that was a waste of time.

Can someone ELI5 how to use these damn things?

2. Rojer Lockless

I agree with the title of this post.

How can we help you if you're not even showing us the model or what they are?

• Funny x 2
  3. Arizona Willie

I didnt know there was more than one kind of these things. I will send pics tomorrow.

4. KenC

KenC Member

Typically, your car belt clips into the receiver of the extension, and then the extension clips into your car's receiver. It's literally an extension. After, it should look like a "Y".

5. Troy

Troy Active Member

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 9:24 PM
    Model S doesn't have adjustable seat belt anchor points on the B pillar. Maybe you saw a topic where Model S owners were talking about buying something to make the seat belt more comfortable. This is not an issue in Model 3.

6. Arizona Willie

=========
    Here are the pics I said I would upload.

20190518_082831.jpg

20190518_082758.jpg

20190518_082824.jpg

7. 21miDay

21miDay Member

That doesn't extend the belt but keeps it from retracting. It looks like you'd pull the upper part of the belt out of the pillar slightly so it would be comfortable and then clip that around it to keep it from going back in.

8. 21miDay

21miDay Member

Or more likely snap it around both sections of the belt near the buckle to pull the shoulder part down a little bit.

9. KenC

KenC Member

Those aren't extenders. Those are for comfort. On kids and short adults, the shoulder strap can dig into your neck. Those go around the lap and shoulder belt at the same time, near where your belt clicks in. It allows you to push the shoulder strap away from your neck. There should be pics online where you bought it.