Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Bought the Blackvue 650...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I just need to get it installed.

Can anyone recommend a good installer in the Charleston SC area?

Alternatively, I'll be in Cherry Hill NJ in early June. Any good installers there?

Has anyone asked whether a SC might do this kind of thing? I'm also interested in installing a Blackvue but not confident I won't break some of those plastic tabs when removing various interior parts of the car. I was thinking about asking on the forums to see if someone local that has done it already might be willing to help me install it.

I just installed the blackvue 650 2 ch in the S. It was a breeze. I had done it on our Audi Q5 and that was a bit of a pain because the Audi fit and finish was better, which meant everything was tighter and harder to squeeze the cable between the pillars and headliners for the rear cam.

The model s was super easy. And what was nice was I had the AC going so I was also super comfortable. Took about 15 minutes to install both cams.

I just installed the blackvue 650 2 ch in the S. It was a breeze. I had done it on our Audi Q5 and that was a bit of a pain because the Audi fit and finish was better, which meant everything was tighter and harder to squeeze the cable between the pillars and headliners for the rear cam.

The model s was super easy. And what was nice was I had the AC going so I was also super comfortable. Took about 15 minutes to install both cams.
I'm glad it was easy. Please share a step-by-step of how you did it.

That's got to be a record...15 minutes, WOW!

Na, that's about how long it took me to do my second one. The first one took longer because I was experiementing with what needed to be done. Once I knew, putting it in the wifes Tesla was a super easy. I don't know why everyone freaks out about putting the 650 in their car - it is, by far, the easiest car to put a Dashcam in that I've ever done, and I've put in about 8 of them so in my cars over the years.

• Disagree
Reactions: Edmond