Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't believe condition of my new MS at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading all the comments about cars with multiple problems, I thought I was ready for anything. I was hoping that my instincts were right, and that people without problems probably don't post, and the unfortunate stories were anomalies, vs normal. But I wasn't expecting a pristine, perfectly functioning, work of art. Thanks, Tesla! Breathing easy and loving the new ride.

After reading all the comments about cars with multiple problems, I thought I was ready for anything. I was hoping that my instincts were right, and that people without problems probably don't post, and the unfortunate stories were anomalies, vs normal. But I wasn't expecting a pristine, perfectly functioning, work of art. Thanks, Tesla! Breathing easy and loving the new ride.

That's great to hear. Thank you for posting!

Reactions: ApauloThirteen
We took it for a full body wrap as soon as we picked it up. More money than I have put into cars previously, but we tend to keep cars a long time. We are selling my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 with 207,000 miles. It is similar color to our midnight silver metallic, and looks great from a distance, but up close it has been chipped all over. Hoping the wrap prevents much of that.

A word to the wise. Our installer said ours was one of the best he has seen, nothing at all to fix. He said many people can't resist the urge to take their new car home for a few days before wrapping them. He said driving them even a day often results in chip damage. And to head off any questions, wrapped front facing area with Expel and the rest of the car with Suntek, by TVP Auto in Raliegh, NC. $3500. I'll let you know in a few years if it was worth it. Delivery from Tesla on Thursday, took straight to TVP, and picked it up Friday afternoon. Now enjoying it.

Same here. Picked up August 18th and happy to report no issues! Reading these forums can make us a little paranoid and I was worried about all kinds of problems. As of yesterday it is officially 1 month or ownership with 2000 miles! I did have a Supercharger problem and will have it checked out. Not worried, probably a one day job and I will have a loaner 10/14th.
Good luck! And check out some of the EV week events next September with your S (Just missed it this year)

More money than I have put into cars previously, but we tend to keep cars a long time
How about this.. I took my cheapo 25k car budget (historically hoping for 10 year life, with Toronto's salt filled winter roads) and doubled it. But this decade I was done with the basics, I've earned "Euro" level vehicle #middleage

After some math, it was easy... Tesla Model S.

We took it for a full body wrap as soon as we picked it up. More money than I have put into cars previously, but we tend to keep cars a long time. We are selling my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 with 207,000 miles. It is similar color to our midnight silver metallic, and looks great from a distance, but up close it has been chipped all over. Hoping the wrap prevents much of that.

A word to the wise. Our installer said ours was one of the best he has seen, nothing at all to fix. He said many people can't resist the urge to take their new car home for a few days before wrapping them. He said driving them even a day often results in chip damage. And to head off any questions, wrapped front facing area with Expel and the rest of the car with Suntek, by TVP Auto in Raliegh, NC. $3500. I'll let you know in a few years if it was worth it. Delivery from Tesla on Thursday, took straight to TVP, and picked it up Friday afternoon. Now enjoying it.

I did a front Xpel wrap 2 days after delivery. Two very minor items, but Tesla is all over them. So far a very happy customer. The new Tempe, AZ facility is staffed with great people.

Mine was delivered in perfect condition, too. These forums had me expecting all sorts of little issues (and maybe even a big issue or two) but, if there were any, nothing I had noticed.

Picked up on Friday and wrapped on Monday. I would have wrapped that same day but no availability and it took him about 8 hours to do. According to my logs, I only drove about 90 miles before the wrap job but it didn't seem like anything paint-wise was damaged ahead of time so I guess I lucked out.

Come back in 3 weeks with an update, would be good to hear what's cropped up if anything?
You asked me to come back in three weeks, so here is the update.

Everything is still fine, with one little exception. The car has a tendency to get washed more than any car I have owned. It hasn't been out in the rain except for a couple occasions when an unexpected sprinkle caught us. Of course it was washed immediately and put on bed rest until the weather improved. Kinda looking forward to when we won't be babying it quite so much. Then again, it's nice to have a car that inspires us to give it all the TLC we can muster.

Drive safe.

You asked me to come back in three weeks, so here is the update.

Everything is still fine, with one little exception. The car has a tendency to get washed more than any car I have owned. It hasn't been out in the rain except for a couple occasions when an unexpected sprinkle caught us. Of course it was washed immediately and put on bed rest until the weather improved. Kinda looking forward to when we won't be babying it quite so much. Then again, it's nice to have a car that inspires us to give it all the TLC we can muster.

Drive safe.
I always check the weather first and switch cars if there is rain within 100 miles.
Also wash and dust every other day.