Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally got the FSD beta after 2-3 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I subscribed to FSD on accident and paid the $100 month, then cancelled it so I have until around July 3 to use it. At first I was kind of disappointed I had no idea it was super basic and could only go forward and do stop signs and green lights, and it still forced me to use the gear stalk to confirm to go through green light and didn't really feel worth $100 month.

Then out of nowhere I get an invitation to do FSD beta which seems to be the full self driving I saw on youtube where the car can make turns on the street. It actually did do alot of automated driving. I just did a few miles though, but it was enough to see a huge difference and I feel we are on our way to a fully autonomous future.

I did a google search and it seems you have to behave well or I guess do the basic FSD autopilot well first until you get invited to try the real FSD beta we are seeing on YouTube. Like with the mapping of the entire city street where it can see cars across the intersection, not just next to you.

So I subscribed to FSD on accident and paid the $100 month, then cancelled it so I have until around July 3 to use it. At first I was kind of disappointed I had no idea it was super basic and could only go forward and do stop signs and green lights, and it still forced me to use the gear stalk to confirm to go through green light and didn't really feel worth $100 month.

Then out of nowhere I get an invitation to do FSD beta which seems to be the full self driving I saw on youtube where the car can make turns on the street. It actually did do alot of automated driving. I just did a few miles though, but it was enough to see a huge difference and I feel we are on our way to a fully autonomous future.

I did a google search and it seems you have to behave well or I guess do the basic FSD autopilot well first until you get invited to try the real FSD beta we are seeing on YouTube. Like with the mapping of the entire city street where it can see cars across the intersection, not just next to you.
Nice! You used to ”have to do well” meaning they used Safety Score to filter out who could get FSDb, but then they removed that “above a certain Safety Score threshold“ requirement and now it just depends on whether FSDb is up to a version your car’s current version can receive.

Nice! You used to ”have to do well” meaning they used Safety Score to filter out who could get FSDb, but then they removed that “above a certain Safety Score threshold“ requirement and now it just depends on whether FSDb is up to a version your car’s current version can receive.

This FSD beta is a game changer now I can go to more arcades late at night. And win more tickets.

My arcade friend always disses the Tesla and its autopilot and me for using it. He disses on Mark Rober because that guy made robots that beat arcade games and calls him a cheater. Would like to see his reaction when the car literally drives to Dave and Busters on its own. I only let him come with me is because he offers to win me tickets and teaches me games but he is so against automation, autopilot, and e-scooters. He is like that dad from Mitchell’s and the Machine who hates smart devices.