Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had to use my brakes while on autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's in your own quote.

limited access roads do not have turn lanes

So using it where there's turn lanes, including multiple ones as you indicated, is not using it where intended.

Let me also point you to the very next page in the manual where it adds:

So it's making clear it's intended for CONTROLLED ACCESS roads that are DIVIDED.

Those don't have turn lanes.

Thank you for that. I guess "limited access" roads didn't land with me. So does FSD essentially strip away those caveats since you can now use it on city roads (or soon to be)?

Thank you for that. I guess "limited access" roads didn't land with me. So does FSD essentially strip away those caveats since you can now use it on city roads (or soon to be)?

Right now those restrictions remain....

The FSD stoplight stuff is a bit of an edge/weird case (technically there ARE divided highways with limited access with stoplights, especially on the ramps, but that's obviously not the only or primary use of that feature- and even then it's made clear this feature does not understand cross-traffic or how to use a turn lane)

I don't expect the "intended for use" language to change at all for the folks with basic AP.

I do expect it to change for FSD people eventually, but likely not until sometime after the 4D re-write gets pushed out, and "handles turns and intersections" code gets turned on.

Elons claimed this would happen by end of the year.... though he said that last year too, so who knows.