Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have Enhanced Autopilot. I paid for Autopilot. Will it go away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery 3/8/2019 of a MidRange Model 3 and I paid for Autopilot (Not Enhanced)

My car has summon / navigate on autopilot / autopark

This is what my Tesla Account lists. Just Autopilot.
Model3_Evan.png

Will these features go away with a software update? Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the assistance.

New to the Tesla world

-Raggou

It sounds like a mistake, since the features you mentioned are supposed to be part of FSD, not regular AP. But since it's Tesla's mistake, maybe they'll let you keep it? I heard about this guy who ordered an AWD and accidentally got a Performance, and it didn't sound like he had to give it back.

It sounds like a mistake, since the features you mentioned are supposed to be part of FSD, not regular AP. But since it's Tesla's mistake, maybe they'll let you keep it? I heard about this guy who ordered an AWD and accidentally got a Performance, and it didn't sound like he had to give it back.

Yup... would be nice if it stays like this. It was like this when I took delivery and I have a video of it being enabled and working on the car. I'm just afraid if it will go away if I try and update the software... but yea so far the error is in my favor

I bought AP during the sale two weeks ago for my 12/2016 S. My car also had EAP features instead of AP. But after Twitter-E Musk said FSD pricing was going back up, I bit and bought FSD. Dumb me.

So I will never know if those extra features would have disappeared in a future firmware update. Obviously I don’t know how the mistake happened, but wonder if it is because I had a trial of EAP about a year ago and they just reactivated that set of features. Seems reasonable, right?

I bought AP recently, and (after 3 days) got just the basic TACC+Autosteer feature only.

When I go into car details page, I don't see any kind of "autopilot" listed there.

What firmware does your car have? Maybe it is an older firmware that only has EAP, but not the new "basic autopilot" package.

So I took delivery 3/8/2019 of a MidRange Model 3 and I paid for Autopilot (Not Enhanced)
My car has summon / navigate on autopilot / autopark
This is what my Tesla Account lists. Just Autopilot.
Will these features go away with a software update? Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?
Thanks for the assistance.
New to the Tesla world
-Raggou

But when did you order your car? (see below)

EAP below is C and is 'old' defn.
AP (A) and FSD (B) have new defns AFAIK.
(Chart via TroyTeslike as it states)

p20ogaN.jpg

But when did you order your car? (see below)

EAP below is C and is 'old' defn.
AP (A) and FSD (B) have new defns AFAIK.
(Chart via TroyTeslike as it states)

p20ogaN.jpg

I placed order for a SR+ on 3/3... Changed my mind and wanted a MR so I called 3/7/2018 and they had a "showroom" car with 20 miles on it. Took Delivery 3/8 and hence my screenshot only paid for "autopilot" not enhanced.

According to this chart I should be in section "A" but I am in section "C" <<< Why I am in section C I am confused but pelased. Hopefully I stay in section C