Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have Enhanced Autopilot. I paid for Autopilot. Will it go away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't post too many more screen caps there, Raggou.. Tesla could search for M3 MRs with ~396 miles, and "Evan1" driver profiles...
Probably shouldn't be boasting too hard about what they left on by accident.
No kidding. That’s why I am only chipping in with a similar story after buying FSD.

Hey, officer, here I am. I just robbed the bank across the street. Any chance you will arrest me?

Yup No more from me.... But I am a very very happy camper right now
You are not alone. Few people got lucky like this. I bought a dual motor long range AWD last year during end of Q3 season when Tesla was hurrying up to deliver and I got a FSD + EAP free in it. Auto park, summon , Nav on Auto Pilot etc. 6 months and numerous updates later it’s still there. Not sure how long it’s gonna last but I keep my fingers crossed every time I do a software update.

I am guessing they'll go away. My 3 came with EAP even though I did not order it. I reached out to Tesla twice to let them know and they didn't seem to care. I didn't like it enough to pay $5k, but when $2k AP was released I bought it. My car updated recently and I no longer have Summon, NOAP, or Auto Park.

What firmware version are you on now? What version did you start with?

Pretty (very) sure that this is all part of the 30-day trial. I took delivery on 3/12 and bought AP, but not FSD. I have all the AP & FSD features as part of a 30 day trial. Once my 30-days are up, I fully expect I'll lose the FSD features (Nav on AP, Summon, etc).

Additionally, if you go to your account on Tesla.com, you will see a section for Autopilot Upgrades. Since you bought AP, but not FSD (like me), you should see that the only option is to purchase FSD for $5500. This is the purchase price after delivery, but before the 30 day trial is up. After the trial, you will most certainly lose FSD and the price will go up to $7000.

FYI...I believe I saw the trial information on the touchscreen after my car installed 2019.5.15.

UXxTKIZ.png

Last edited:
Pretty (very) sure that this is all part of the 30-day trial. I took delivery on 3/12 and bought AP, but not FSD. I have all the AP & FSD features as part of a 30 day trial. Once my 30-days are up, I fully expect I'll lose the FSD features (Nav on AP, Summon, etc).

Additionally, if you go to your account on Tesla.com, you will see a section for Autopilot Upgrades. Since you bought AP, but not FSD (like me), you should see that the only option is to purchase FSD for $5500. This is the purchase price after delivery, but before the 30 day trial is up. After the trial, you will most certainly lose FSD and the price will go up to $7000.

FYI...I believe I saw the trial information on the touchscreen after my car installed 2019.5.15.

UXxTKIZ.png

From Tesla's info about the Trail

Yes. You can opt out of the trial at any time by selecting, “I do not want to experience Autopilot” on the in-car notification which appears when your trial first begins. If you begin the trial but want to end it early, you can do so by going to the 'Autopilot' tab in the Settings menu and selecting the 'Trial' button near the top right of the display. Once the trial notification appears, you can tap on “I do not want to experience Autopilot”.

If you end your trial, your Tesla will automatically reboot to remove Autopilot functionality from your car. This process will only take a minute or so.

I dont see a Trial button in Autopilot settings.

UXxTKIZ.png

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I was trying to get that question answered in this thread, but no one had answered it yet:
FSD upgrade cost for delivered BASIC AP (not EAP)

Couple of questions for you: when did you order your 3?
Did you ask for the 30-day trial, or was it automatically added for you?
Did anyone at Tesla tell you that the price would go up to $7,000 after your trial is over?