Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have Enhanced Autopilot. I paid for Autopilot. Will it go away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup No more from me.... But I am a very very happy camper right now

Yeah, if someone from Tesla sees this and cares enough to look into it, you're screwed. You divulged way too much info and even if they can't find your exact car right away, they could easily narrow it down and look at purchased specs compared to what is active in the car. Seems like the type of busywork an intern could do in about an hour.

OP, do you still have your window sticker? That window sticker shows what your VIN comes equipped with. If it shows EAP on it, you definitely have non-trial version.

For ppl that got EAP w/o paying for it, buying AP means spending $2k to lose summon, auto park, and NoAP. If you pay $5k you'd get everything plus future upgrades. Quite the decision to make.

Couple of questions for you: when did you order your 3?
Did you ask for the 30-day trial, or was it automatically added for you?
Did anyone at Tesla tell you that the price would go up to $7,000 after your trial is over?

I ordered on 2/28 and the trial, I believe, is something that all new buyers (post 2/28) receive (OP’s situation is clearly different). No one specifically told me the price goes up after the trial, but that’s what is shown when you make the purchase online. The post-delivery/pre-trial-ending price is $500 more (both for AP and FSD) than if you purchased before delivery. After the trial, AP is $4000 and FSD is $7000.

I ordered on 2/28 and the trial, I believe, is something that all new buyers (post 2/28) receive (OP’s situation is clearly different). No one specifically told me the price goes up after the trial, but that’s what is shown when you make the purchase online. The post-delivery/pre-trial-ending price is $500 more (both for AP and FSD) than if you purchased before delivery. After the trial, AP is $4000 and FSD is $7000.

Thank you for all the details!

Thank you for all the details!
Just curious if your FSD features ever were deactivated? I am in the same boat, took delivery 3/29 and purchased autopilot (not FSD). Never accepted trial, autopilot menu in car does not show i am in a trial, tesla.com shows i can purchase FSD for $7,000. I have all FSD features though.

Just curious if your FSD features ever were deactivated? I am in the same boat, took delivery 3/29 and purchased autopilot (not FSD). Never accepted trial, autopilot menu in car does not show i am in a trial, tesla.com shows i can purchase FSD for $7,000. I have all FSD features though.

Nope we are still alive :D