Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just got big-timed by a fellow Tesla. 85s can't hang with P85Ds apparently...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Hummer H2 for years .. you could tell the green people as they glared at me like the devil .... now I get smiles from more people ...:) but now the darn big tire truck people glare ....
At the Oxnard, CA SC, there were about six of us charging when I went to pull out of the stall. Some yahoo in a black F250 actually speeds up from another lane of the lot, and stops, blocking me for about 10 seconds. Then, as he passed me and the other MS in SC stalls, he proudly raises the finger out the window.

What a yutz.

Were you in Newport News on I-95 about a week-ish ago going north in the morning? It WAS a white Model S.

Just seeing this, but it might have been me. We have a pearl white P85D and routinely jump between the southside and Williamsburg... though there's no I-95 in Newport News :) (I'm guessing you mean I-64)

If it was me, I would have definitely tried to wave if I noticed you. (Admittedly, I'm not really scanning the roads for fellow Tesla's as I haven't seen any others in the wild around here.)

I think the camaraderie is still alive. And helped along by those of us who make the effort. I'm sorry to say that sometimes I'm the one who has zoned out, or is frantically trying to get my window down in time to give a thumbs up, or is turning on the turn signal when trying to flash the headlights, as the Other Tesla zooms on by. :-(

To make up for it, I've taken to chasing down Teslas on the Massachusetts streets to give them invitations to our big Tesla party at the end of September. The last one was some poor guy driving his nice grey 85 westbound on Route 9. I had to exit Route 9 10 miles early so that I could continue to chase this guy down. When traffic stopped, dash out to the frunk to get the party invitations (why didn't I have any with me in the center console?!). Dash back into the car because traffic started to move again. Start running up to the guy at a light, only for the light to go green; run back to the car. Finally catch him at another light. He started rolling down the window even as I was running up; probably couldn't have avoided noticing the crazy behavior behind him for the last mile or so. Could be this guy will be a future TMC member! (He's coming to the party. 150 people so far, probably 200-300 total. 39 Teslas confirmed, another 6 possible; not done inviting people yet!) We're gonna have a serious uptick in MA/New England cameraderie... maybe we should have a workshop at the party for how to signal each other on the road. :)

Alan

P.S. Got people coming from as far away as VA, MD, DE, NY, PA, CT, VT, NH, ME. Lemme know if you want an invitation. Tesla fans/wanna-be-owners, too, not just current owners.