Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just gotta vent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NV Ray

Sep 7, 2020
2012 MS P85. Love the "vent" feature on the app. Is there anyway to use the app or center screen action to close all four windows when you get back into the car? Or must we close with the window switches?

Last edited:
And it’s due to no anti-pinch feature IIRC. Orig we could vent the windows as well as the roof, but couldn’t close them via the app so they did away with it all together because of the rain potential.
Which I find odd, because in my 15' S85D I've had a couple occasions where the windows slightly bound up or something and would bounce themselves back down. I find it hard to believe I could really hurt myself even if I tried.
Mine also still has the vent option.

And it’s due to no anti-pinch feature IIRC. Orig we could vent the windows as well as the roof, but couldn’t close them via the app so they did away with it all together because of the rain potential.

I think there's a law or regulation that governs the anti-pinch requirement hence we can't roll up the windows remotely.

On my 2015 P85D, I can vent all windows and sunroof but that's a one-way operation and group-action; can't vent individual windows.

Reactions: ChooseFreedom
I think there's a law or regulation that governs the anti-pinch requirement hence we can't roll up the windows remotely.

On my 2015 P85D, I can vent all windows and sunroof but that's a one-way operation and group-action; can't vent individual windows.
Hmmm, I lost window vent function a long time ago. Now only have Vent Roof, which allows me to close it again naturally. Dec ‘14 P85D running 2022.8.10.12

It’s interesting, just checked the pinching effect and on my 2016 MCU1 at least drivers side door windows do stop on my hand if it’s sticked in between. Actually the window detect‘s the obstacle and reverses the movement by few inches and then stops.