TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I like my 3, but...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by St☰v☰, Dec 31, 2019.

1. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

I sure hope Elon periodically changes the body style a bit. Growing up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, I seen a lot of beetles (V-dubs), they were everywhere, literally. You go to a grocery store, come out, and wonder which off-white beetle is yours. I did this same thing this past week, I walked out of the local Costco and there were four 3's in the lot (that I could see), two blues, a black, and a red one. It was 1970 all over again. China is supposedly kicking out 1500 Model 3 each week and they are sold in just about every country in the free world, just like the beetle. I actually wondered which blue one was mine. The Y is so close to the 3, they it will only exacerbate the situation. Color variations is not answer either. Like every other car company, you need change... It's a electric skateboard. Take off one body and put on another, perhaps a (real) pickup, like the version that Simone Giertz fabbed and not a cybertruck.

Beetle1.JPG

Teslas.JPG

Ahhh, the Tesla Beetle has arrived :D

2. onshi

onshi Member

I will happily trade up to a 2023 Model 3 if they give it a design refresh! And a sportback (It would cannibalize Model Y sales so I don’t think they’d ever do it).

3. Kandiru

Kandiru Active Member

#3 Kandiru, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Hihi, haha, you should have lived in Wolfsburg.

I was extremely blessed to spot FOUR, imagine FOUR other
    Teslas in the Parkersburg (the only one in the nation) area in one day,
    but I was behind the wheel half a day delivering kids to and from practices and games.

Here crossing a Tesla is a joyful event, we wave or flash high beams. We also tend to
    get coal rolled. I have developed a strange new reflex, I see duallies and I hit the recycle
    the AC. Others weekly predict the demise of Tesla to which I placidly reply "Death to the horseless carriage!".

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

How did I guess you were SoCal before I looked?

• Funny x 2
  5. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

meh
    Even if they sell 5x as many it's still a fraction of the number of identical F150's sold

• Like x 3
  6. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

there are so many teslas where I work, when we're all parked at the chargers, its hard to know which is yours ;)

I added some chrome-delete (small enough) so I can quickly know which car is mine.

its a funny 'problem' to have.

I live in the bay area, home to the most teslas world-wide and its something like 'every 5th car on the road is a tesla'. its so commonplace, now, in this area. kind of good, but it does make it harder to find your car in the lot, now ;)

• Like x 1
  7. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

Wonder if people will ever play "Slug Bug Tesla" like they do with the Beatles.

At the delivery centers the reps will hand you a fob. You press the fob to see which Tesla in the lot is yours.

• Funny x 3
  8. BBBC

BBBC Member

If the 2025 still looks exactly like the 2018, your resale value will be higher. You’re asking for obsolescence in a way. As the owner of a 2 week old 2020 M3 I’m happy to see them roll the same design off the line for at least a few more years!

• Like x 2
  9. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Which "Beatle" did they call slug bug? Ringo, Paul, George or John? :D:D:D:D

• Like x 1
  10. DrtyJrze

DrtyJrze Member

Hahaha. I don’t think we hit the 70’s punch buggy status yet, at least not nationwide. Over here on the east side, 3’s are around, but they’re 90% dirty as hell and base models. I wonder if there some secret Tesla only dirt road they all use around here, lol.

11. hydro 481

hydro 481 Active Member

I had visions in my head of you and other Tesla owners pulling over onto the side of the road and giving each other hugs :D

Here in So Cal I would be lucky if I didn’t see at least 10 Teslas in a day. Heck, there’s already 5 or 6 in my apartment complex alone. And it doesn’t help that I live right by two supercharger stations.

12. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

That’s why I love my red m3. It’s rarer. At the gym today there was 3 black model 3, 2 whites, and my 1 red model 3. Funny thing is I parked next to a white and black model 3. It was cool. On my SoCal commute I typically see white and black.

13. jpfive

jpfive Supporting Member

Yep. Besides, a lot full of M3's is a beautiful sight.

• Love x 1
  14. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

Yup each m3 is one less exhaust spewing pollution causing machine.

• Like x 1
  15. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Probably nicer than honking the horn is to use the app to flash your headlights.

I bought my Pearl White before it was made a standard color. Now in Bay Area I’m surrounded by a sea of white Model 3s, MS and MXs. Hope they change up the free standard color soon. Whites been popular in hotter climates so will always be a popular choice here but I’m thinking the wave if Pearl Whites is more budget related these days.

16. BrakeDome

BrakeDome Member

What I did was install the front plate on my 3 to quickly tell it apart from all the others :p

• Funny x 3
  17. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

So what, if you go to a German parking lot they are all BMWs and Audis. Or even worse... in north Australia every car is a toyota land cruiser.

18. GPinzone

GPinzone Member

Get a vinyl wrap of a color that Tesla doesn't offer.

[​IMG]

Now if they would allow you to customize the car color and wheels for the on-screen displays...

• Like x 3
  19. T3SLAROD

T3SLAROD Member

Need a wagon...

20. Zextraterrestrial

We stopped doing the ' Tesla Tap" back in 2014...way too many Tesla's in CA.