Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-Pace vs P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please, please, don’t bring the supercharging network to this. I’m driving in the car every day, yet I’m charging on a public charger maybe once per year. And I’m not an exception... :)

By the way, try to charge your M3 on a free fast charger provided by my company ;)
You don't provide any details regarding the type of fast charging network at Cisco, but I'm assuming it's ChaDeMo. You can purchase the appropriate adapter for Tesla and charge there too, or any other ChaDeMo or Supercharger.

You don't provide any details regarding the type of fast charging network at Cisco, but I'm assuming it's ChaDeMo. You can purchase the appropriate adapter for Tesla and charge there too, or any other ChaDeMo or Supercharger.

No Chademo adapter yet for Model 3. I recall Tesla mentioning "soon".

Not sure when "soon" is but I'll take that over:

"Chademo design secured. Pending shareholder approval".

My guess is around middle 2019 when Model 3 is in Europe.

They don't really have to solve the Chademo problem while Tesla 3 remains a USDM/CDM vehicle.

Do not be a fool: wait for iPace lease deal for under $500 a month... Or get a Tesla.

Lease deal is coming. That’s how Jags are sold, and with the $7,500 tax rebate the lease deal is going to be very sweat (minus $220 a month), so jaguar can likely lease those cars for $500 a month and break even.

With the lease deal will not only save a lot of money but reduce your risk exposure in the event that the car is not successful (which IMO is high considering Jag has very little experience with EVs)

Reactions: 30seconds
Do not be a fool: wait for iPace lease deal for under $500 a month... Or get a Tesla.

Lease deal is coming. That’s how Jags are sold, and with the $7,500 tax rebate the lease deal is going to be very sweat (minus $220 a month), so jaguar can likely lease those cars for $500 a month and break even.

With the lease deal will not only save a lot of money but reduce your risk exposure in the event that the car is not successful (which IMO is high considering Jag has very little experience with EVs)

It will be a long long time before you can lease an iPace.

Reason is they can constrain production to where they have a sell out every quarter.

They can even break records QoQ as well.

Jaguar doesn't make money on the iPace so no incentive to push sales.

No Chademo adapter yet for Model 3. I recall Tesla mentioning "soon".

Not sure when "soon" is but I'll take that over:

"Chademo design secured. Pending shareholder approval".

My guess is around middle 2019 when Model 3 is in Europe.

They don't really have to solve the Chademo problem while Tesla 3 remains a USDM/CDM vehicle.
I am not sure why you think there is "No Chademo adapter yet for Model 3." A CHAdeMO adapter for Teslas is plug specific which would mean if you are waiting for it you are waiting for nothing because it is already available.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I am not sure why you think there is "No Chademo adapter yet for Model 3." A CHAdeMO adapter for Teslas is plug specific which would mean if you are waiting for it you are waiting for nothing because it is already available.

Doesn't work. It's irrelevant because unless you own and use it with S/X it's just a dohickey thingamajigger.

COULD you order it and have it be supported later? Maybe, but that is a risk.

upload_2018-10-12_13-28-27.png

Reactions: PessimiStick
Doesn't work. It's irrelevant because unless you own and use it with S/X it's just a dohickey thingamajigger.

COULD you order it and have it be supported later? Maybe, but that is a risk.
So you are just repeating something you saw on the internet that you do not actually first-hand know is true or untrue? Why would you do this?

So you are just repeating something you saw on the internet that you do not actually first-hand know is true or untrue? Why would you do this?

I have common sense.

You don't think Elon wouldn't tell the entire world that Tesla sells a S3X adapter for Chademo if it existed?

Though if you must drag me through the ringer...

upload_2018-10-12_13-51-36.png

That is interesting. I apologize for insinuating you might be trolling. Going onward in our Tesla information journey, I wonder what this official Tesla disclaimer means technically speaking about the difference between the ability of the S and X to use it and the Model 3 cannot. I wonder if Tesla has any plans to address this disparity with a Model 3 firmware update or whether it needs some sort of hardware adjustment. Questions, questions . . .

Thanks for directing me to the Tesla Shop page. I noticed the Model 3 All Weather Floor Mat set has finally arrived. I don't especially like the look and am now sitting firmly on the fence about buying them. I like how the carpet floor mats look now so I think I will try keeping them clean and dry as possible.

That is interesting. I apologize for insinuating you might be trolling. Going onward in our Tesla information journey, I wonder what this official Tesla disclaimer means technically speaking about the difference between the ability of the S and X to use it and the Model 3 cannot. I wonder if Tesla has any plans to address this disparity with a Model 3 firmware update or whether it needs some sort of hardware adjustment. Questions, questions . . .

Thanks for directing me to the Tesla Shop page. I noticed the Model 3 All Weather Floor Mat set has finally arrived. I don't especially like the look and am now sitting firmly on the fence about buying them. I like how the carpet floor mats look now so I think I will try keeping them clean and dry as possible.

I do troll sometimes so your harsh response isn't entirely unwarranted. :D

Occam's razor tells us there's no reason why the Chademo adapter SHOULDN'T work. Logic being why have a car charger perform any differently since it works on super chargers.. HPWCs and everything else!!!!

As far as if this can be fixed by a software solution or hardware solution that no one has said anything about. "Not currently supported" implies a future fix. Though I read too damn much into "funding secured" as well when trying to connect logical dots. ;)

I am leaning towards a new adapter that will work on the 3 and also replace the existing adapter for S/X. There's precedence for this as Tesla came out with a new mobile connector with the release of the 3.

The new mobile connector is cheaper than the old one. The new Chademo adapter should hopefully cost less than $450. That is expensive for an adapter!

As far as floor mats, the most popular and in demand hands down is the Maxpider 3D. Not sure if you have seen it yet.

2018 Tesla Model 3 - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX229678

Last edited:
I am leaning towards a new adapter that will work on the 3 and also replace the existing adapter for S/X. There's precedence for this as Tesla came out with a new mobile connector with the release of the 3.

The new mobile connector is cheaper than the old one. The new Chademo adapter should hopefully cost less than $450. That is expensive for an adapter!

If they come out with a new CHAdeMO adapter it will probably support 150kW charging, and will likely still cost $450, or even more. (They might offer the existing 50kW version, which may or may not work with the Model 3, cheaper than the new 150kW version.)

I feel like I may have contributed to a slight hijacking of this thread but because of my portion of the discussion I have discovered that different Tesla Model vehicles charge at a different rate when connected to a home source of electricity, e.g., with no home/garage electrical changes whatsoever on my HPWC set to supply 40 amps my recently traded Model S would charge at a rate of 23 mph but my new Model 3 charges at 31 mph. This tells me Tesla has improved the design of the onboard battery charging circuits which I find most interesting.

I feel like I may have contributed to a slight hijacking of this thread but because of my portion of the discussion I have discovered that different Tesla Model vehicles charge at a different rate when connected to a home source of electricity, e.g., with no home/garage electrical changes whatsoever on my HPWC set to supply 40 amps my recently traded Model S would charge at a rate of 23 mph but my new Model 3 charges at 31 mph. This tells me Tesla has improved the design of the onboard battery charging circuits which I find most interesting.

The different charging rates are clearly explained on the Tesla website - see the first table here - Home Charging Installation