Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I paid full price for this car, why am I forced to deal with so many ads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didnt like it either, when they appeared in my car, but they appeared once each (the notices this OP is mentioning) and have not re appeared. I am not enamored with the idea, actually, but once each for two separate features ( so 2 notices )for features in the car (which I didnt consider advertisments) wasnt that bad.

If they were actually ads, I would have been a bit more unhappy with it, and if they happened even more than once I would have really disliked it.

I put those in the "trying to educate the user about the various features of the product" category. Many applications and web sites do this these days. Some have a popup for every new version to explain what the new features are, which is pretty much the "what's new" that shows when you install an update in your car. They are not ads.

Reactions: derotam and OxBrew
I put my 2022 Model Y into park today and an ad for Tesla's Refer and Earn popped up on the home screen. If this starts to happen more I am going to sell the Tesla. PERIOD>
Interesting, and not in a good way.

If the ads got more intrusive I would struggle to keep the car as well. However at this point there is no other EV I would replace it with due to the lack of a reliable/problem free charging network, and there is no way I am going back to ICE.