Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I raced a new Supra video.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a track day this past weekend and had a blast. I'm working on getting the longer videos ready to upload. But at end of the day a few of us decided to do a few drag races down the straight. Here are 2 races against an A90 Supra. We weren't sure exactly where a 1/4 mile ended so we set the finish line as the end of the white barricades where they meet the red barricades at the end of the straight.

My Model 3 Performance is all stock on factory 20s and tires.

The Supra has a down pipe (gained 40hp at the wheels), aftermarket wheels and on Toyo proxie tires.

This was the owners first time launching the Supra, it didn't go well.

First clip he didn’t even get off the line.

Second clip you can tell he didn’t launch.

You can still get your YouTube views up, people will still click. But if you post misleading titles your thumbs down are going to add up quick.

Neither vid is a real representative race between the two cars, and you know it.
In this instance his findings aren't out of line from what was seen by some others

Reactions: cOoTeR

You can still get your YouTube views up, people will still click. But if you post misleading titles your thumbs down are going to add up quick.

Neither vid is a real representative race between the two cars, and you know it.

We lined up, went on go and raced an agreed distance. That's a race.
1 race he launched to hard so we did another. 2nd race he didn't spin and got a good start. I don't know what you expect. It's a 100% accurate representation of the 2 cars on a real world surface between 2 good real world drivers.

The best way to really put the other car to shame when drag racing, especially if they're having trouble launching and they're using that as their main excuse...
just let them launch first. Tell them you won't budge until you see them move. Then it's not about who saw the light first, or even reaction time.
Either that or allow a rolling start for both of you and do the same thing...
get rolling at a pre-determined speed, say 10MPH side-by-side, then tell him to punch it whenever he's ready.

Fun!!

Reactions: cOoTeR and DrtyJrze
The best way to really put the other car to shame when drag racing, especially if they're having trouble launching and they're using that as their main excuse...
just let them launch first. Tell them you won't budge until you see them move. Then it's not about who saw the light first, or even reaction time.
Either that or allow a rolling start for both of you and do the same thing...
get rolling at a pre-determined speed, say 10MPH side-by-side, then tell him to punch it whenever he's ready.

Fun!!

The driver of the Supra is a friend of mine we were just doing it for fun. He didn't think he'd win but was a good sport and raced anyways. I'm sure after he does some tweaking with it it'll be a lot faster. I thought the race would be closer though.

I'd love to race a new Supra with my LR AWD Non-Performance. With this last update, I should be able to win against a stock one and perhaps fair a good chance against even one slightly modded.
I was just going to say the same thing. Yes, even with that modified Supra and a driver who knew what they were doing (as opposed to that guy) a stock LR AWD should still be able to edge it out. Though it would be closer.

Supra is a mid 12 car, m3p is mid 11 second car. Its not a close race regardless of how the supra is launched.