Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really want to love the aeros, I just can't.

Which is the look for you?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the aeros without the covers on wouldn't look so unappealing and unfinished if they had the same lug nut cover as the 19s. They come with the center Tesla logo screw cap but from everything I've seen the lug nuts are exposed otherwise. I know you can get lug nut covers and maybe you want to get locking ones but that black cover that the 19s has I think would make them look much better and finished with the aeros off.

The aesthetics so far are pushing me towards the 19s. Mostly will be doing in town driving with the Model 3 and using our Model S for longer trips.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I think the aeros without the covers on wouldn't look so unappealing and unfinished if they had the same lug nut cover as the 19s. They come with the center Tesla logo screw cap but from everything I've seen the lug nuts are exposed otherwise. I know you can get lug nut covers and maybe you want to get locking ones but that black cover that the 19s has I think would make them look much better and finished with the aeros off.

The aesthetics so far are pushing me towards the 19s. Mostly will be doing in town driving with the Model 3 and using our Model S for longer trips.

You mean like this?

Lug cap cover

I saw his thread when he first posted, will take another look. To answer you -- kind of, although I actually like the look of Tesla's 19 one much better. Thanks for the link.

Curious, what about the Tesla 19 cover do you prefer? The main difference I can tell is that the cover for the 19 has a little twist to it, but that's because the spokes of the 19s have a subtle twist as well.

I would never pay extra $1.5k just for looks while getting worse efficiency, stiffer ride and more expensive tires. My wife, on the other hand, really cares about aesthetics and the 3 will be hers, so 19" wheels it is.

Are you me!?

I tried to persuade, push, and convince but she was hell bent on the 19s. I agree they look amazing and complete the car but concerned about annual tire purchases and wear.

Reactions: GSP
I got to see the Model 3 in person today in the Boston showroom. The car was equipped with the 19" sports. The wheels actually looked a bit plasticky to me - not sure if it came out in the photo...

Attachments

• 2018-01-26 11.43.36.jpg
    2018-01-26 11.43.36.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 103
Good looking pup @T34ME. :)

I agree with your wording of "I prefer the 19" Sportwheels" but I understand what @liuping was getting at. My first thought was to go with the 19" upgrade. Then, I was leaning to the 18" wheel and tire side, but after much consideration I'm going with the 19" sport wheels. I just couldn't get on board with the dark grey look on the caps and wheels and didn't want to go through the steps to plasti-dip or powder coat. It is admittedly an aesthetic decision, but I'm going to have this car for a while, and am wiling to sacrifice the advantages of going with a smaller rim and tire combo. I'm pretty sure I haven't done this much back and forth with car decisions for some time. I guess waiting for close to two years for a car will do that to a person. ;)

If you have the opportunity, look at the aeros in person, they look much better than in pictures. I thought I would take the covers off right away and only use them when I needed range, but now that I've seen them... I may just keep them on. We'll see.

I'm going to replace the tires on the Aero's with winter tires and use them as winter wheels. My summerwheels go aftermarket wheels 20 '. Here in Belgium we can use about 5 months per year the summer tires. I will by no means feel guilty throwing the Hubcaps in the garbage, I compensate this with my charging via my solar panels, i've got plenty to charge the car all year arround.

I had 19 inch wheels on my BMW M3 and it was such a head ache. Besides the harsh ride, I had bubbles form on both front tires from pot holes. Plus, the added higher costs of lower profile tires, I told myself never again. Opted for the 18 and will just remove the aero caps.

I’m not a fan of the 19s anyways, they still look plasticky and I like darker wheels anyway.

Mod it, mod it now! Lol.
They don't call me the ModFather for nothing! :cool:
You can change them anyway you want, they still going to be ordinary hubcaps that they put on cars in the 90'is!
You don't understand, one of the engineers who worked on the covers explained why these ARE NOT "ordinary hubcaps" from the 90's. They are just as innovative as the model 3 itself. It's a good read, look it up.