Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

i will left my car for 6 days ? it's better to keep it in charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i will left my car for 6 days ? it's better to keep it in charger ?
it's better to keep my car in charger ? or charge it for full and take off ??
and what about 12v battary it's ok to be 6 days with out run the car ? and if i turn the car on from app ? it's better to 12v battary ?

The battery likes to be at 50 percent. That being said, reality is that you need to charge to 80-90 percent daily and the battery management system will do the rest - after all you need to use the car to get around. Lots of threads on this. A well referenced chart points to 70 percent as the safest daily level to charge to. However, that’s not feasible for many and draining the battery to less than 20 percent is also stressful. But, if the car is sitting idle, 50 percent is ideal and keep it plugged so the bms does the rest.

There actually is a correct answer here
Set charge to 50 percent and keep car plugged in

I agree. I had gone away for 11 days and left my X plugged in at 80%, When I returned I drove to work, parked, when I went to leave the car would not even unlock. Had to get towed in and the (small) battery had to be replaced. I asked my service tech and told him how I had left the car. He advised me never to leave it plugged in like that for an extended period of time. If I leave it plugged in lower the capacity to 50%.

In other words, If I am going away for more than a weekend, I would lower the capacity.