Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I will wait or buy Audi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will hold off for Air Suspension, Heated Steering Wheel and New Computer Chip. ( from experience, I don't believe Tesla will install new chip, for free, to those of us that have previous computer chip in their M3. Too many unfulfilled Promises from Elon and Tesla. Loosing TRUST )
I currently have a Model S and X P100D with the EAP in both vehicles. Still doesn't do as much as Tesla indicated 3+ years ago. Still costs as much.

I will hold off for Air Suspension, Heated Steering Wheel and New Computer Chip. ( from experience, I don't believe Tesla will install new chip, for free, to those of us that have previous computer chip in their M3. Too many unfulfilled Promises from Elon and Tesla. Loosing TRUST )
I currently have a Model S and X P100D with the EAP in both vehicles. Still doesn't do as much as Tesla indicated 3+ years ago. Still costs as much.
Thanks for the unsolicited update....

Reactions: Berus

Thanks for the update ... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I was only trying to add my delayed purchase to the previous posts w/r/t SAS, Heated Steering wheels, etc. AS far as the Audi goes, I had an A6 prestige 2015 for 4 years in Hawaii. It was great. BUT, I certainly Love my P100D model X and my Model S 85D. All three vehicles have brought me joy and reliable service.
Just trying to state how much I would enjoy those items in a New M3 and how long I will wait or move on. I don't think for a second that Elon or Tesla care about me as one little consumer. Sales of the M3 are indications.

Air suspension?? First I heard of that.

Also, your wording here:

"Too many unfulfilled Promises from Elon and Tesla. Loosing TRUST"

Now, why does this remind me so much of a tweet from a certain politician holding a high office who can barely spell or read? A certain nepotist and foreign asset who likes to use all caps? SUSPICIOUS!"

Heated steering wheel might not be that important - given how fast the Model 3 starts producing heat out the top vent. Like to the end of backing out of the driveway fast. Blows nice warm air over ones hands with no instrument cluster in the way.

Autopilot hardware upgrade is also NBD - provided you buy the car with the FSD option. If the car you buy doesn't already have the upgraded board, Tesla will eventually upgrade it as part of the package.

No idea if/when air suspension will be available. Nothing has been announced about it.

The Audi probably has real leather and cloth as options across packages. It will come with screen mirroring (i.e., Carplay, Android Auto) with traffic-based routing (not in SR and SR+). Your keyless entry with a fob will work 100% of the time. There will be enough physical buttons so you are not menuing through a center screen to find things. You will get an instrument cluster that allows viewing status without taking your eyes away from the road ahead. Your adaptive wipers will work. The fit and finish will be perfect at delivery. You won't be stuck with a small trunk. The heated steering wheel is a must if you live in cold weather and don't want to waste range on cabin heat.

There are a few things Tesla has that your Audi won't too.

I will hold off for Air Suspension, Heated Steering Wheel and New Computer Chip. ( from experience, I don't believe Tesla will install new chip, for free, to those of us that have previous computer chip in their M3.

This has been clearly, explicitly, and repeatedly, stated as absolutely a guaranteed free upgrade for anyone who bought FSD, going back to at least last fall, and as recently as like 2 days ago.

If you want to believe the company will repeatedly made explicitly false material statements of physical deliverable products they're taking money for, you're entitled to do so, but it's going to be met with a considerable amount of eye rolling.

As I've asked before- can anyone cite when Tesla has made such a promise and then not delivered on it? (I don't mean stuff like "we think we will have a car do a cross country self driving demo by X date" or "We will probably roll out this FREE software update by X date" I mean- actual concrete physical deliverable in exchange for money that Tesla then kept the money and didn't give you the physical deliverable)

( from experience, I don't believe Tesla will install new chip, for free, to those of us that have previous computer chip in their M3. Too many unfulfilled Promises from Elon and Tesla. Loosing TRUST )

Yet, you trust a company that until recently was defrauding its customers about emissions and is paying hundreds of millions of dollars in punitive damage?

Tesla has deceived all the time. WiFi in car, summon on private property for AP1.0, on-ramp/off-ramp negotiation for AP1.0, HVAC control for backseat from app, blind spot detection for AP1.0 . . .

Someone I think was keeping a list somewhere, but they are notorious for putting something on their web site, changing their mind, and erasing all trace. There is a fair bit of silicon snake oil in each car, but better than fossil fuel.

Tesla has deceived all the time. WiFi in car, summon on private property for AP1.0, on-ramp/off-ramp negotiation for AP1.0, HVAC control for backseat from app, blind spot detection for AP1.0 . . .

Someone I think was keeping a list somewhere, but they are notorious for putting something on their web site, changing their mind, and erasing all trace.

You're a smidgeon away from trolling with the above. I would submit that any "lies" Tesla or Elon have told were NOT willful lies, and were likely spoken in good faith. You are failing to take into consideration what Elon and Tesla are trying to accomplish here - the launch of a completely different paradigm of the personal automobile, based on a non ICE energy source. Yes, a small percentage of what Elon believed would happen on some of the cars has not yet come to pass. However, I wonder if you can even begin to imagine the pushback and all-out war against such an effort from the oil industry as well as established auto makers. They've used their lobbies to try to destroy Tesla every step of the way, and yet... we still saw the release of the $35,000.00 Model 3 last month. Tesla has DELIVERED far more than they have failed in their claims. You're distorting the overall reality and the historical and cultural significance of what HAS been achieved in order to smear a company which is part of the SOLUTION for our planet's continued survival.

• Informative
Reactions: lencap and BillO
AFAIK AP1 does have both summon and blind spot warnings (though not necessarily great ones esp blind spot since it's only ultrasonics)- also to my knowledge the main reason feature improvement died off was the split with mobileye- and once that happened Tesla had very limited ability to improve AP1 features

Post here with insider knowledge addresses the fact Tesla didn't have full access without Mobileyes participation-
The Tesla / Mobileye story

tesla did deliver 100% of what they originally promised AP1 would do FWIW-

Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot | Blog | Tesla Motors
Tesla.com original AP1 description said:
Building on this hardware with future software releases, we will deliver a range of active safety features, using digital control of motors, brakes, and steering to avoid collisions from the front, sides, or from leaving the road.

Model S will be able to steer to stay within a lane, change lanes with the simple tap of a turn signal, and manage speed by reading road signs and using active, traffic aware cruise control. It will take several months for all Autopilot features to be completed and uploaded to the cars.

AP1 does everything listed there.

It goes on to mention some other POSSIBLE long term features (using real time traffic to calculate time to your first calendar appointment, homelink garage automatic open, summon, etc) but it's pretty clear it's a "imagine if we can get all this to work" situation, not like the previous paragraph where they list actual promised features.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
The Audi probably has real leather and cloth as options across packages. It will come with screen mirroring (i.e., Carplay, Android Auto) with traffic-based routing (not in SR and SR+). Your keyless entry with a fob will work 100% of the time. There will be enough physical buttons so you are not menuing through a center screen to find things. You will get an instrument cluster that allows viewing status without taking your eyes away from the road ahead. Your adaptive wipers will work. The fit and finish will be perfect at delivery. You won't be stuck with a small trunk. The heated steering wheel is a must if you live in cold weather and don't want to waste range on cabin heat.

There are a few things Tesla has that your Audi won't too.
If you like Audi that's fine but those some of htose things you list are objectively ridiculous. My phone works 99% of the time which is better than having a stupid fob to carry around. Don't tell me that looking at the gauge cluster behind the steering wheel is any better than looking at the M3 screen.
Yet, you trust a company that until recently was defrauding its customers about emissions and is paying hundreds of millions of dollars in punitive damage?
This. Audi totally just loves their customers...