Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I will wait or buy Audi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Audi probably has real leather and cloth as options across packages.
Leather is standard on most, and there is no option for cloth. This is also highly subjective so a moot point.

It will come with screen mirroring (i.e., Carplay, Android Auto) with traffic-based routing (not in SR and SR+).
True

Your keyless entry with a fob will work 100% of the time.
True, but only if you pay the extra for keyless entry and stop/start or get a higher optioned trim.

There will be enough physical buttons so you are not menuing through a center screen to find things.
More physical buttons in not necessarily a plus. The only time I need to go through more than two screens is when I'm changing something in the settings and I rarely do that.

You will get an instrument cluster that allows viewing status without taking your eyes away from the road ahead.
Looking slightly over at my center screen is absolutely no different from looking slightly down at a center console.

Your adaptive wipers will work.
My wipers work just fine, the only time I ever have to manually run them is in a very fine mist.

The fit and finish will be perfect at delivery.
Mine was.

You won't be stuck with a small trunk.
The model 3 trunk is larger than most Audi models except for some of the sportback ones.

The heated steering wheel is a must if you live in cold weather and don't want to waste range on cabin heat.
I live in a cold weather city, the heated steering wheel is not a must. Nor is it standard on most Audi's either.

You're a smidgeon away from trolling with the above. I would submit that any "lies" Tesla or Elon have told were NOT willful lies, and were likely spoken in good faith. You are failing to take into consideration what Elon and Tesla are trying to accomplish here - the launch of a completely different paradigm of the personal automobile, based on a non ICE energy source. Yes, a small percentage of what Elon believed would happen on some of the cars has not yet come to pass. However, I wonder if you can even begin to imagine the pushback and all-out war against such an effort from the oil industry as well as established auto makers. They've used their lobbies to try to destroy Tesla every step of the way, and yet... we still saw the release of the $35,000.00 Model 3 last month. Tesla has DELIVERED far more than they have failed in their claims. You're distorting the overall reality and the historical and cultural significance of what HAS been achieved in order to smear a company which is part of the SOLUTION for our planet's continued survival.
Good point and well taken....

Reactions: RyanT
Leather is standard on most, and there is no option for cloth. This is also highly subjective so a moot point.

True

True, but only if you pay the extra for keyless entry and stop/start or get a higher optioned trim.

More physical buttons in not necessarily a plus. The only time I need to go through more than two screens is when I'm changing something in the settings and I rarely do that.

Looking slightly over at my center screen is absolutely no different from looking slightly down at a center console.

My wipers work just fine, the only time I ever have to manually run them is in a very fine mist.

Mine was.

The model 3 trunk is larger than most Audi models except for some of the sportback ones.

I live in a cold weather city, the heated steering wheel is not a must. Nor is it standard on most Audi's either.
If these items were available as options I would definitely pay to have them....

I think there were some early tweets from Elon that the car would have that option. Between the reveal and the release. And I think 1 prototype was spotted with air suspension at at track event.

So not crazy, I think there are people still waiting for it to show up.
Also, Love that model 3 of yours. Exactly the one my wife and I are going to get, eventually.

I was only trying to add my delayed purchase to the previous posts w/r/t SAS, Heated Steering wheels, etc. AS far as the Audi goes, I had an A6 prestige 2015 for 4 years in Hawaii. It was great. BUT, I certainly Love my P100D model X and my Model S 85D. All three vehicles have brought me joy and reliable service.
Just trying to state how much I would enjoy those items in a New M3 and how long I will wait or move on. I don't think for a second that Elon or Tesla care about me as one little consumer. Sales of the M3 are indications.
M3 is the budget model.
The luxury features will be on the S and X.
Not sure why that's a problem.

Thanks. We were wondering what you were going to do. Report back when you get the EQC.
I'm sorry I posted on forum. I did not mean to upset anyone. Just expressing my frustration since Elon has said, more than once, that the SAS would be available by now. As far as the heated steering wheel, I could just wear gloves. I will say that the heated steering wheel, on my S and X, sure is nice. Scratch the Audi reference.

Fanboi responses are to be expected here. I think the competition from the incumbent brands and China will be good for all Tesla owners. My perfect Model 3 would have heated cloth seats, AWD and all the technology. That forced me to spend some $60K and pay to have the seats recovered. The major brands realize that certain features are expected when spending $60K and options mean more sales. Tesla is in an extended honeymoon period because the established brands do not have any reasonable alternatives. Plus the Koolaid tastes so good.

Fanboi responses are to be expected here. I think the competition from the incumbent brands and China will be good for all Tesla owners. My perfect Model 3 would have heated cloth seats, AWD and all the technology. That forced me to spend some $60K and pay to have the seats recovered. The major brands realize that certain features are expected when spending $60K and options mean more sales. Tesla is in an extended honeymoon period because the established brands do not have any reasonable alternatives. Plus the Koolaid tastes so good.
I agree and point well taken.

I have both the X (P100D and S 85D). They are a tough fit in my garage. M3 would fit perfectly as my second car as S is coming off lease.
Sorry if my response earlier was abrupt, I thought you were just complaining about the M3 not having luxury features.
I agree with what I think you’re saying, which is that it would be nice to have a smaller luxury version, something with all the bells and whistles but not as big as the S.

But the Audi is, well, an Audi and my personal experience with two of them has been just ho-hum, including an early 2000’s A4 Quattro being the worst car I have ever driven in the snow.

I have owned BMW’s and Audi’s and just think that they have become soulless and lifeless and far prefer my M3P to any I have driven (either BMW or Audi) since the early 1990’s when BMW’s we’re still driver’s cars.

Heated steering wheel vs. performance and ride quality? Not my trade...but to each his or her own!

Sorry if my response earlier was abrupt, I thought you were just complaining about the M3 not having luxury features.
I agree with what I think you’re saying, which is that it would be nice to have a smaller luxury version, something with all the bells and whistles but not as big as the S.
You are right. I have really enjoyed my 2 other Tesla's Plus the Model 3 I'm looking at is well over $50,000. I like the Model 3's size and I have no problem with the cost. Just really fearful of banging up/scratching up front facia. Had a situation with a different vehicle where the car slightly went over the parking lot front tire stops and unbeknownsed to me hooked on it. Not noticing that, when I backed out of the spot, it pulled front facia partly off the car. Not a very happy thing. Please Elon, I've been extremely loyal. Help somehow. Surround view or front view camera would due just as well (instead of Air Suspension).

Your right, but my Audi experience was very close to the Tesla, Sorry.
I love my Model 3, but my previous experience with Audi was great. My personal concerns would be poor range, no supercharger network and high cost (compared to my 3). I would love a heated steering wheel. The 3 is my first car without it in 15 years. I am spoiled. Enjoy your Audi and keep us informed.Great car!