Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wonder how many of the people unhappy about V11 are really trolls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I checked some more TesLax logs. On my car torque, power and regen is normally 50/50, unless pushed. During really hard acceleration the power is shifted towards the rear but not much - up to ~35/65. Regen does not seem to go above 60/40 - and that is at high speed, full regen (more than 55kW).

I would suspect that “Off Road” is available only to X/Y, not S/3. Does it do anything to the suspension?

Ok, I checked some more TesLax logs. On my car torque, power and regen is normally 50/50, unless pushed. During really hard acceleration the power is shifted towards the rear but not much - up to ~35/65. Regen does not seem to go above 60/40 - and that is at high speed, full regen (more than 55kW).

I would suspect that “Off Road” is available only to X/Y, not S/3. Does it do anything to the suspension?
The Y has no suspension! 😝

When I’ve used it on my Y I get a notice saying traction control is unavailable. I haven’t played around too much but it does seem to help a bit in the snow.

As far as the suspension goes, the Y (and I believe the 3) don’t have adaptive suspension so there’s nothing that can change there.

I have a dual motor and do not have that - 2021 MS LR+. What do you have?
2021 Model Y. I didn't realize it was not available on the Model 3 until I read these replies. I wonder why. Don't they have essentially the same drivetrain? TesLax shows my Y starting off much more skewed power wise than your 3. It is almost entirely on the rear wheels at first and regen is almost entirely front. But I only tested it in a parking lot at low speeds. When I activate Off-Road Assist it jumps to almost 50/50 for both and also seems to tone down the throttle mapping so it responds more like chill mode. I really like it. In my experience the confidence of the grip in snow increases significantly, but this is just one data point of course. I need more snow to test more. :)

Did the Y always have this feature?

Reactions: sleepydoc
2021 Model Y. I didn't realize it was not available on the Model 3 until I read these replies. I wonder why. Don't they have essentially the same drivetrain? TesLax shows my Y starting off much more skewed power wise than your 3. It is almost entirely on the rear wheels at first and regen is almost entirely front. But I only tested it in a parking lot at low speeds. When I activate Off-Road Assist it jumps to almost 50/50 for both and also seems to tone down the throttle mapping so it responds more like chill mode. I really like it. In my experience the confidence of the grip in snow increases significantly, but this is just one data point of course. I need more snow to test more. :)

Did the Y always have this feature?
The Model 3 has 5.5 inches of ground clearance. Off-roading is.... not advisable.

• Funny
Reactions: Bouba and sleepydoc
I didn't realize it was not available on the Model 3 until I read these replies. I wonder why. Don't they have essentially the same drivetrain? TesLax shows my Y starting off much more skewed power wise than your 3. It is almost entirely on the rear wheels at first and regen is almost entirely front.
MS = Model S; I have S, not 3 :)
I am wondering if that is a feature associated with “SUV” models - X and Y. It would be good to hear from someone with X

Just set these to "auto". Done. Works great.

I do not object to having an auto mode for the heated seats. I still prefer to

A) be able to see at a glance if they are on

B) be able to adjust them without having to open a separate menu first.

Countless times since v11 rolled out I have been disappointed by feeling too warm - I then have to go into the HVAC menu to see that my “auto” heat seaters are on. Low. But on. Worse, if I was comfortable without my HVAC blowing - the car now activated my full HVAC system just because I entered the menu to see if my heat seaters were on.

Sorry, your argument just doesn’t make Tesla’s decision correct, safe, justified, or optimal.