Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wonder if Tesla is really moving as swiftly as possible.

Is the production of the Model 3 moving as quickly as it can?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given Musk's reputation I find it hard to believe that anyone would get away with putting out an average level of work.

This has been covered before but it bears repeating. Musk operates on the "demand 150%" and get a much better product than if you demanded 100%. This leads to lateness but the final product is better and probably done in less time than it would have taken to get to that level at 100%.

I don't know if he could operate any other way.
Have you watched the video tours?

Have you watched the video tours?

You keep mentioning the video tours and how you don't think they were working very hard in them. You can't base the level of work/commitment of an entire factory on a few short videos. There are multiple reasons why they may not have been working as hard as you think they should.
Maybe that part of the factory wasn't fully ready yet.
Maybe they were under a reduced workload for safety reasons while the tour was underway.
Maybe there just wan't that much to do at that moment.
Maybe a lot of the people you saw were new employees undergoing training - it is a new factory after all.
Maybe they are only running at half speed while they test various methods to see what works best.
Maybe it was break time, or shift change, or any other reason...

Reactions: Red Sage
You keep mentioning the video tours and how you don't think they were working very hard in them. You can't base the level of work/commitment of an entire factory on a few short videos. There are multiple reasons why they may not have been working as hard as you think they should.
Maybe that part of the factory wasn't fully ready yet.
Maybe they were under a reduced workload for safety reasons while the tour was underway.
Maybe there just wan't that much to do at that moment.
Maybe a lot of the people you saw were new employees undergoing training - it is a new factory after all.
Maybe they are only running at half speed while they test various methods to see what works best.
Maybe it was break time, or shift change, or any other reason...
I base things on what I see.

Maybe they are just moving slowly - like the videos show.

I'm not just talking about the humans....many robots are just sitting around. Some robots are rolling around on the floor carrying stuff. Maybe they are on break?

Maybe is easy...... It allows someone to keep their opinion.

Last edited:

I don't formulate an opinion and "maybe it to death" to keep my opinion.
I'm just saying you need more of a sample to form a valid opinion, basing it on only those videos is unfair to people you are speaking about. That would be like basing an opinion about my (or anyone on this forum) productivity at work while they watch me post something here.

I'm just saying you need more of a sample to form a valid opinion, basing it on only those videos is unfair to people you are speaking about. That would be like basing an opinion about my (or anyone on this forum) productivity at work while they watch me post something here.
What I need is something to factually counter the video instead of speculation. Until there is something else....I'll go with what I see. I go with facts until there are different or counter facts.
The videos are hours long and the same work environment is shown in all of them.
Listen - my concern is not that they aren't moving fast....its a question. Are they moving as swiftly as they can. The answer can be "yes" even with the videos that I'm referring to. No excuses are necessary. If Tesla wants their employees to operate as they are....then ok. Maybe they just need more employees to produce things as a company - Faster.

I surely don't want my pharmacist or surgeon going any faster than they feel comfortable. However if the hospital wants to perform more surgeries at the pace that they are doing them.....they need more surgeons - not faster surgeons.

Maybe they are just moving slowly - like the videos show.

I'm not just talking about the humans....many robots are just sitting around. Some robots are rolling around on the floor carrying stuff. Maybe they are on break?

Maybe is easy...... It allows someone to keep their opinion.
I have long legs for my height. In my world, pretty much EVERYONE 'moves slow'... But for the sake of being a courteous individual, I have to take baby steps in order to keep from running over Micronians who are below my line of sight. It is rather embarrassing to knock them over, and then step on them.

I am finding this thread tiresome. One cannot reach *any* opinion nor conclusion from a video taken during a grand opening tour. Tesla is trying to reach a incredible goal whose timeframe was cut in half ... It's pretty obvious that they are working their butts off. .... Are we all working as fast as we can? Have you stopped beating your wife?

(That is meant to be funny ... An old chestnut .... Rhetorical questions not meant to cast aspersions. :p ).

Reactions: Red Sage
What I need is something to factually counter the video instead of speculation. Until there is something else....I'll go with what I see. I go with facts until there are different or counter facts.
You don't have fact yet, you are only speculating on what you see. Counter speculation has been offered and that's all there is until someone finds credible facts about the workpace in the Giggafactory.

Last edited:
I am finding this thread tiresome. One cannot reach *any* opinion nor conclusion from a video taken during a grand opening tour. Tesla is trying to reach a incredible goal whose timeframe was cut in half ... It's pretty obvious that they are working their butts off. .... Are we all working as fast as we can? Have you stopped beating your wife?

(That is meant to be funny ... An old chestnut .... Rhetorical questions not meant to cast aspersions. :p ).
Isn't the appropriate reply something like, "I'm not beating your Wife right now, but I'll get around to it -- you betcha!"...? Man. I loved Leslie Nielsen.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
You don't have fact yet, you are only speculating on what you see. Counter speculation has been offered and that's all there is until someone finds credible facts about the workplace in the Giggafactory.

To me its like a courtroom. Video isn't speculation.

Someone gives me a dollar and its video taped. Then you say - I don't think someone gave you a dollar on that tape I saw sooooo.... its not true because I speculated.

Please take this as a discussion not an argument. I'm not angry or anything. I'm sitting here falling asleep while typing. My heartrate is down and everything is cool. Lights are dim.

I'm asking this while wondering....not being sarcastic or anything of the sort. Why are you reading what makes you tired? Its cool.....I'm just wondering why. There are many threads here that do the same for me so you aren't alone.

To me its like a courtroom. Video isn't speculation.

Someone gives me a dollar and its video taped. Then you say - I don't think someone gave you a dollar on that tape I saw sooooo.... its not true because I speculated.

Please take this as a discussion not an argument. I'm not angry or anything. I'm sitting here falling asleep while typing. My heartrate is down and everything is cool. Lights are dim.

I like a good debate, that's all I see here:)

The only facts you saw were people working in the Giggafactory. That is not in dispute. The speculation is about the pace they were working at. We do not know enough about the process to make factual judgments about it.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
I like a good debate, that's all I see here:)

The only facts you saw were people working in the Giggafactory. That is not in dispute. The speculation is about the pace they were working at. We do not know enough about the process to make factual judgments about it.
You are absolutely correct in all that you just said.

I like to present a fact and let folks speculate it to death.

I was at the Grand Opening. My opinion, and the opinion of at least some others that went, was that it was more of a "soft" opening that was at least partially for show. They were admittedly not even running full shifts there. Any conclusion you reach based on a video of that timeframe is a false conclusion. It's like watching Seinfeld and concluding that all New Yorkers eat a lot of each others' food.

I've toured Fremont, which is a factory in full operation. People are working, and working hard.

The basis of this thread is a touch ridiculous, anyway. It's like asking if an Olympic swimmer is really trying to make their best time at the Olympics.