Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IAA Frankfurt Tesla press conference on Tuesday September 10th at 9:20 (Hall 5.0 B36)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What will they unveil?

How about the European Supercharger Map (among other things)?

That sounds very plausible. I just noticed yesterday you finally have the Europe map under Supercharger as well - if you logged on to one of the EU subsites the Supercharger menu was not even there or was very limited before, as far as i remember.

Anyway, now it is there and shows the 6 SCs in Norway, but there is no date-slider like for the US - though the space is there. So yeah, the IAA is a European event, they just started shipping over here and opening the first SCs, and the site has been modified already. I'd say that announcement is a good bet.

I was told that JB Straubel and Jerome Guillen will be present. I will be there tomorrow morning if everything works out. And if my brought along audio recorder (never used it) also plays nice I might be able to provide a recording of the press conference. Looking at the floor plan the TSLA booth is tiny btw., in comparison to others.

I was told that JB Straubel and Jerome Guillen will be present. I will be there tomorrow morning if everything works out. And if my brought along audio recorder (never used it) also plays nice I might be able to provide a recording of the press conference. Looking at the floor plan the TSLA booth is tiny btw., in comparison to others.

First of all, welcome to this forum, I saw this was your first post.

Are you a press reporter?

Anyhow, thanks for going there and reporting the news to us on this forum in this thread.

And about the small floor space, Tesla has yet only the Model S and the Model X to show, so they actually do not need much space there.

Benz, thank you for welcoming me. I run a (German-language) EV site (AQQU.ch or .de) and happen to have press credentials. It is an "enthusiast project", nothing commercial at all (I take two days of vacation for attending a trade show, how crazy is that...?).

Welcome to the forum :). That would be great to have some audio for the event! I would love to hear JB and Jerome speak.

Benz, thank you for welcoming me. I run a (German-language) EV site (AQQU.ch or .de) and happen to have press credentials. It is an "enthusiast project", nothing commercial at all (I take two days of vacation for attending a trade show, how crazy is that...?).

I would like you to point out to who ever will be speaking on behalf of Tesla Motors (JB Straubel / Gilbert Passin) there during the press conference in Frankfurt tomorrow morning, that the progress with the Supercharger build-out in the US seems a bit disappointing to some people in the US (if you get the chance to do that). Specially along the North-West part of the East Coast of the US, as up to now only 1 Supercharger location has gone live since May 30th, and four "summer" grey dots in that area which were to go live in the summer still have not gone live, and are not very likely to go live before September 21st 2013 (end of summer).

Enjoy tomorrow.

winter2013.png
winter2014.png

Looks like Amsterdam-Munich and Geneva-Zurich routes are to be supercharged this winter! :)

Last edited: