Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICEd Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While out running errands this morning, drove past the 2 EV spots at the Whole Foods in north Raleigh - both were blocked by vehicles with out of state plates.

After finally finding a spot elsewhere in the crowded lot (which makes it easy to understand why the lazy / entitled folk think they can park there), walked back to the EV spots as I wanted to get some photographic evidence to use when inquiring at the customer service desk about the store's policy on (miss)use of the EV parking spots.

By that time, some overly-tanned, bleached-hair muscle-bound guy was puttering around the back of the car while the doors in the middle were open showing a few kids tucked away inside. As I snapped this pic, guy pops around to the side and exclaims "Feel better now, douche-bag?!" I was pretty speechless, merely replied that I have the kind of car that is meant for these parking spots. He got even more irate, swearing up a blue streak and threatening bodily harm.

Great show to put on in front of his kids! Rather than admitting he was wrong and apologizing, he goes all ballistic as if I'm the problem for merely pointing out his actions.

So if you see this car with Virginia plates (apparently bringing his cheerful demeanor down here to share with his Raleigh peeps) anywhere around town, avoid avoid avoid! Guy is a psychopath looking for an arrest warrant.

IMG_2259.JPG

Great show to put on in front of his kids! Rather than admitting he was wrong and apologizing, he goes all ballistic as if I'm the problem for merely pointing out his actions.

Interestingly, I'm sitting in a Starbucks as I write this and the EV spot I usually park in is ICE'd. I've often wondered about what I'd do if I encountered the driver. I suspect they know what they're doing and I'd get the same crap that you did. Further, I come to this spot often and would not want to find my car "keyed" by some idiot I'd spoken to in the past. I feel your pain!

Well, one good thing appears to be coming in IL. House Bill 0198 read again May 14th, 2015, to establish fines in the state for not EVs parking in EV charging spots. ;-)

11. HB0198eng 99th General Assembly Bill Status
Terms found: vehicle (15) electric (19) vehicles (5)
. . . or other energy storage device of an electric vehicle. (b) It shall be prohibited to park a non-electric vehicle in an electric vehicle charging station designated for use by electric vehicles, including an electric vehicle charging . . .