TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ICE'ing at Superchargers

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by gilscales, Dec 24, 2018.

1. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

2. Moose408

Moose408 Member

Yes it is real. The person it happend to described in on Reddit a couple of days ago.

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Unfortunately it happens, a couple of years ago the same thing happened when 4 of those types of trucks parked in the supercharging stalls and took the cables and one was wrapped around the rear view mirro and one was stuffed in the gas tank opening. Since then Tesla installed cameras and for a while has security at night.

4. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

Supercharger cables... wrapped around rear view? You sure you don't mean destination chargers? No way a supercharger cable fits long enough to reach inside someones cabin unless they're parked on top of the supercharger...

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

No this was the exterior rear view mirrors, just some red necks not happy with Tesla.

6. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

I live in Northeast Wisconsin, truck Central and even the truck owners find Tesla interesting and are eager to hear about how they work in this climate. Honesty goes a long way, don't be the holier than thou EV driver driving the 55% coal powered vehicle.

• Like x 1
  7. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

It’s just crazy to me this type of thinking, I own an F250 2008, crew cab long bed 4x4 (no it’s not jacked up 8” nor do I roll coal, it has all emissions equipment in place) I use it for work and occasional errands (when the model 3 is gone!) I do not understand the hatred?

• Like x 2
  8. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Nor do I, and I’m not saying every truck owner has this mind set just a very few. I have an F-150 and would never block 8 charging stalls and potentially damage equipment.

• Like x 2
  9. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

IMO and experience this sort of thing is extremely isolated, please don't pretend this is a regular widespread thing.

Clueless using EV parking as general parking is common but maliciously doing so is not.

I have owned modified vehicles with removed emissions equipment, and all my friends who may still own modified ICE think the Tesla is great, even turned down opportunities to drive it because a couple of them are afraid if they drive it they will actually start looking at buying one. I really can't see EV hate as anything but a rare random likely drunken anomaly.

• Like x 3
  10. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

My post was a question and not a statement followed by a statement that said I personally have not seen this, I did comment on non Tesla vehicles legally parked in Supercharger spaces (at Buelton, the Marriot I believe) and still think this is a stupid thing to do as there is a HUGE parking lot next to this space, however, if it is allowed then I cannot blame anyone except those in charge of this policy

11. Ciditad

Ciditad Member

I live in a state that was in the Union yet I see folks driving around diesel trucks with Confederate flags near where I live, and in my Volt I had numerous guys try to roll coal on me. Gen1 Volt doesn't come with an air filter so you can imagine how crappy the experience was. Those trucks can't keep up with my 3 so I haven't had issues yet.

• Funny x 4
  12. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Humiliation at the green light from Tesla driving soccer moms. This will all change when the Tesla Pickup is released and they get blown out by an electric pickup. Trust me - the lines will be long. Test it out.... tell them your 0 - 60.... even the slowest Tesla is impressive.

• Like x 2
  13. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

And then there’s this.

2407CC16-7B10-4ACB-9433-1589A0222546.jpeg

D7F8D063-F38E-4546-9C86-09001901300C.jpeg

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. CAAD

CAAD Member

Really? Most Tesla owners I see drive their Teslas just as slow if not as bad as any other car.
    I always wonder those who buy powerful cars that drive slow.

• Funny x 2
  15. RayK

RayK Member

ChargePoint ought to keep an always hot, looped wire inside the cable. Might stop this kind of abuse.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  16. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I wish.

It’s been over two months and the chargers have not been repaired. I have a feeling they will not repair it. It’ll just get cut again.

17. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

This is here in SoCal?

18. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yes. Torrance. At Wilson park.

19. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

So of course depends on where you are, lucky in Ca it's not that bad. I've always wondered, do petrol driving folks realize the refining process is powered by electricity aka 55% coal in some places...

• Funny x 1
  20. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

BFC3C2D4-F67B-4F8D-96A9-187F471F62BE.png D5FA98AA-A750-4086-96DF-BABA7767E174.png E954C32D-7311-4C95-A12A-3AA24C5898D4.png
    Ok, not sure why you said this but doing what these guys did is bad behavior so here are some pictures. This has not happened since and is very rare. Also not sure where you got the 55% number, only 6% of California’s power is imported from coal producers and as you could see from my signature I have solar.

• Like x 4